maartena
Elmo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA

1 recommendation

maartena

Premium Member

QWest will sell itself to the highest bidder.

At some point in time, QWest realized that it cannot compete without a cellular phone network (AT&T and Verizon are losing hundreds of land-line customers a day to cellular only - which THEY don't mind), and without a good broadband strategy.

They will milk the DSL and land-line market as long as they can, and they you will see talks with AT&T or Verizon for a "merger".

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536

Premium Member

Qwest just needs to DIE and let verizon take over.
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

So what they can sell off most of the network to someone else like Fairpoint and let everyone on here bitch some more on how much of a horrible company FP is?

If you don't like Qwest don't use them.

supergirl
join:2007-03-20
Pensacola, FL

supergirl to maartena

to maartena
VZ isn't that stupid, and, despite AT&T being as dumb as a turnip, they ain't either. BellSouth was a far better company on its own.

I think Sprint should buy Qwest. Then, Sprint can have the distintion of destroying not only Nextel but a landline company as well. Not that Qwest needs much help. Qwest has some lousy cash flow. My stockbroker calls Qwest a moneypit. She calls them "Qwest for Failure."

Her names for some companies:

AT&T - The result of the Empire crossed with an idiot.
Microsoft - Boys with bad toys.
Vonage - Citron's new scam.
GM - General Mayhem.

PGHammer
join:2003-06-09
Accokeek, MD

PGHammer to hottboiinnc4

to hottboiinnc4
said by hottboiinnc4:

So what they can sell off most of the network to someone else like Fairpoint and let everyone on here bitch some more on how much of a horrible company FP is?

If you don't like Qwest don't use them.
You have to have an option, and for the majority of Qwest's landline customer base, there *is* no real option, and they know it.

Cheese
Premium Member
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL

Cheese to supergirl

Premium Member

to supergirl
said by supergirl:

VZ isn't that stupid, and, despite AT&T being as dumb as a turnip, they ain't either. BellSouth was a far better company on its own.

I think Sprint should buy Qwest. Then, Sprint can have the distintion of destroying not only Nextel but a landline company as well. Not that Qwest needs much help. Qwest has some lousy cash flow. My stockbroker calls Qwest a moneypit. She calls them "Qwest for Failure."

Her names for some companies:

AT&T - The result of the Empire crossed with an idiot.
Microsoft - Boys with bad toys.
Vonage - Citron's new scam.
GM - General Mayhem.
Your stock broker sounds like an idiot...