share rss forum feed

Xela19115

join:2000-10-06
Richboro, PA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

Typical Wall Street Myopia

Wall Street cannot see beyond their next martini let alone a future of broadband. These analysts would love to have a situation where a company does not spend a cent on anything and just milk existing customers. That makes for really good balance sheets and certainly makes these analysts happy.

Moffett favors cable stocks so it is no surprise that he wants telco alternatives to fail. When I had FIOS installed I was told by VZ techs that they have a hard time keeping up with new installs because people dropping cable like a bad dream. Comcast loses hundreds customers per day in Philadelphia area to FIOS. Every house on my block switched. Everyone I know who can get FIOS got it. That speaks for itself. Verizon's cost might be a bit higher now, but they will come down and in a longer run they'd be a far better position for the next-generation communications services.
--
xela19115

MrSpock29

join:2008-02-09
Hammonton, NJ
said by Xela19115:

Wall Street cannot see beyond their next martini let alone a future of broadband. These analysts would love to have a situation where a company does not spend a cent on anything and just milk existing customers. That makes for really good balance sheets and certainly makes these analysts happy.

Moffett favors cable stocks so it is no surprise that he wants telco alternatives to fail. When I had FIOS installed I was told by VZ techs that they have a hard time keeping up with new installs because people dropping cable like a bad dream. Comcast loses hundreds customers per day in Philadelphia area to FIOS. Every house on my block switched. Everyone I know who can get FIOS got it. That speaks for itself. Verizon's cost might be a bit higher now, but they will come down and in a longer run they'd be a far better position for the next-generation communications services.
well, not all analysts are this (I'm trying to be polite) horrible, however, there is a saying:

"In a bull market, who needs analysts, in a bear market, they'll kill you".

He must love his rotary phone.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to Xela19115
the typical US investor cant see beyond the end of the current quarter. its why analysts and investors dont like major plant upgrades because they cause a big hit this quarter even if the gain is huge in 10 years.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH
reply to Xela19115
Interesting you say everyone on your street dropped Comcast. Proof? Just because you seen VZ installing something doesnt mean they left Comcast for everything.

Also you can't say how many people Comcast is losing. But i'm sure the ones they are losing each day they're glad to get rid of.

And also techs are paid to say things like that. They're paid to promot their own product and make it seem like everyone is switching. Its their job!

SilentMan

join:2002-07-15
New York, NY
reply to MrSpock29
said by MrSpock29:

And he must be quiet comfortable lighting his house with gas

MrSpock29

join:2008-02-09
Hammonton, NJ
said by SilentMan:

said by MrSpock29:

And he must be quiet comfortable lighting his house with gas
lol, my first thought was, he would only be able to light it one time

Xela19115

join:2000-10-06
Richboro, PA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to hottboiinnc
said by hottboiinnc:

Interesting you say everyone on your street dropped Comcast. Proof? Just because you seen VZ installing something doesnt mean they left Comcast for everything.
Well, I make a statement that people on my block dropped Comcast to FIOS is due to the fact that every house on my block has an ONT and I talk to my neighbors and they tell me they have FIOS.

Also you can't say how many people Comcast is losing. But i'm sure the ones they are losing each day they're glad to get rid of.
What makes you think that Comcast is glad to get rid off certain customers. I used to be a Comcast triple play customer with one of their top packages with HD DVR and 2 SD STBs, the Blast! HSI package as well as their phone service. I was paying almost $200/month for my service. A lot of people who drop Comcast are just like me, i.e. higher revenue customers. If Comcast is glad to lose customers like me then its VZ gain.

And also techs are paid to say things like that. They're paid to promot their own product and make it seem like everyone is switching. Its their job!
That's interesting. But where I live, almost everyone IS switching.

--
xela19115