All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
roahboah
join:2000-08-18
Rumney, NH

roahboah

[TWC] 8300HDC in broadcast-only mode: anything I can do?

Folks,
Plymouth, NH-area customer here. We're served out of Portland, I believe. I have two 8300HDC boxes here, and our on-demand stuff isn't working. I can get lists without an issue, but just get the '1102' error code. According to the CSR I spoke with, it's because the boxes are not pulling IP addresses and VOD depends on two-way communication. Of course, before he said that, he said that the VOD code was not 'applied to our account' - not even the free stuff. So now we're in the hellish circle of tech service calls, etc. My question is this - do any of you with the 8300HDC box get VOD stuff successfully without pulling an IP address? Also, I checked FDC and RDC levels on the diagnostic page, and I seem to be well within specs (4dBmV on FDC and 36dBmV on RDC), so it sure doesn't SEEM to be a signal issue.
thanks for any info,
roah

rv65
Premium Member
join:2008-08-02
USA!!!!

rv65

Premium Member

Did you reboot the box. Sometimes rebooting might help. If it continues to have that problem then swap it.
roahboah
join:2000-08-18
Rumney, NH

roahboah

Yep, a few times. Sorry, should've mentioned that. It's unusual since I'm having the same symptom with two different boxes.

rv65
Premium Member
USA!!!!

rv65

Premium Member

I too have an 8300HDC and can get VoD just fine. I haven't used it lately for VoD though.
oldbuzzard
join:2001-12-06
Austin, TX

oldbuzzard to roahboah

to roahboah
said by roahboah:

Yep, a few times. Sorry, should've mentioned that. It's unusual since I'm having the same symptom with two different boxes.
The two box problem is interesting. Check with your neighbors and see if it's working on their boxes. If theirs works fine, you may have some sort of issue on your account config, but they should be able to resolve that with an i-hit. If everyone has the same problem, you have a real issue.

FWIW, Where I live, on demand is unreliable - works in off=peak hours but not in prime time and not at all in HD.

mckenna797
Premium Member
join:2004-08-25
Astoria, NY
Netgear CM700
Asus RT-AC68

mckenna797

Premium Member

we had a problem with an 8300 hdc where we didnot get channels we subscribe to and no vod channels or call ID on TV, we exchanged the box for another and we recived everything we are subscribed to. in our case it was not the box problem but the M-card in the first box

rv65
Premium Member
USA!!!!

rv65 to roahboah

Premium Member

to roahboah
Swapping the box might just be the best idea.