spc
uniqs

jimbo48
join:2000-11-17
Asheville, NC

jimbo48 to cybercrimes

to cybercrimes

Re: fios

FIOS may be here long after I have no use for the Internet due to the inept government that regulates - Competition is nil and that is the way big money intends it to stay. Comcasts'' services "might" offer" 6.0, 8.0 and "Whoa Nellie speed boost of up to 12 MB" the Eula phrase "up to" means absolutely no responsibility to deliver anything remotely approaching the performance levels advertised. One would be hard pressed to download 250 GB a month when the ability to download that much is curtailed by the download speed actually available. Legally sanctioned "bait and switch" services is the current ISP offerings program in the US. I sometimes dream of the reliability and quality of the good old POTS services applied to the Internet providers but that isn't going to happen here in California(SF Bay area) where I reside.

Rambling rant for sure -just have to chuckle about the 250 GB cap being implemented, a non-issue for the vast majority of Comcast customers(my area) because Comcast doesn't offer a service that "realistically" that would enable most users to approach that mark. And that is the way they intend to keep it.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2

Premium Member

said by jimbo48:

Rambling rant for sure -just have to chuckle about the 250 GB cap being implemented, a non-issue for the vast majority of Comcast customers(my area) because Comcast doesn't offer a service that "realistically" that would enable most users to approach that mark. And that is the way they intend to keep it.
You're right.. all the upgrades being done now, and in the future.. all the upgrades in the past did nothing to bring more your way..

Admit you're greedy, cheap, and you don't want to pay for the things that matter to you most in life.. instead, you want to buy toys, nick nacks, and bobbles that make your life appear to be more important, like new cell phones all the time, a car you probably don't need, more than one HD TV in your home, or MP3 players, like the latest iPod, eating out, etc.

But, when it comes to paying for things like the internet, something many demonstrate is soooo important to them, you want to pay the least, or not at all, and have the most possible and then some. .. just admit it and be honest about it so we can move on.