Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA

I hope they have a way to keep track of usage

I hope they have a way to keep track of usage. I used to be on Comcast before FIOS. I have over 3 dozen devices connected to the Internet so I never know exactly my usage. Although it's usually between 800GB and 1.3TB a month.
I'm glad I don't still have Comcast.
I download too much HD content to have a 250GB cap.

skuv

@rr.com

How do you possibly have enough time to actually USE that much data?

You would be spending nearly all your time trying to manage the downloads, burn to disc, or swap out/in new hard drives to hold all this data.

How could you possibly ever watch or listen to all of it?

joetaxpayer
I'M Here Till Thursday

join:2001-09-07
Sudbury, MA
reply to aaronwt

I agree, a meter is needed. It shouldn't be tough to add a warning trigger so when you pass 200 GB you are alerted.I bet most here will see usage under 100.

curious1587

@comcast.net

a meter would be nice. it shouldn't be too hard to implement. those of us with tomato & i think ddwrt can track our bandwidth right now. i used to think i downloaded tons what with 360, ps3, torrents, HD movies, anime, etc but I barely hit 25GB a month. It is unfathomable to me how a normal person can use more than 250GB data per month. You would have to be running either a business, or a server, both of which should be on their commercial tier. People always say they wouldn't mind paying as long as they knew the caps. I wonder what they'll say now

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA

1 edit
reply to skuv

said by skuv :

How do you possibly have enough time to actually USE that much data?

You would be spending nearly all your time trying to manage the downloads, burn to disc, or swap out/in new hard drives to hold all this data.

How could you possibly ever watch or listen to all of it?
I have over 20TB of storage capacity on my Network. I can easily add more storage if I need to.

DaneJasper
Sonic.Net
Premium,VIP
join:2001-08-20
Santa Rosa, CA
kudos:9

1 recommendation

reply to aaronwt

powersurfer

@comcast.net
reply to aaronwt

From past experience, Comcast bandwidth usage quotes are way over actual download amounts. I wouldn't be surprised if they start charging for overages once you hit somewhere in the 100GB range (unless they've drastically changed the way they calculate bandwidth).

thisisannoying

@comcast.net
reply to aaronwt

They're not going to provide usage meters without a fight; the last thing they want is lots of people brightlining the limit and using 249.99 GB every billing month.

nhgames1010

join:2004-12-01
Lake Worth, FL

1 edit
reply to aaronwt

Will there be a usage meter available on Comcast subscriber's online account information?
--
Bill G.: Comcast is developing a meter to track your bandwidth but for the time being you can google bandwidth meters and any of those will work.

»www.download.com/8301-2007_4-100···-12.html