Search similar:

uniqs

badtrip
Premium Member
join:2004-03-20

badtrip

Premium Member

Call Comcast now

Call Comcast now if you are a customer and ask for information regarding this. Tell them in person how you feel about this, whether you agree or disagree.

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

1 recommendation

Robert

Premium Member

said by badtrip:

Call Comcast now if you are a customer and ask for information regarding this. Tell them in person how you feel about this, whether you agree or disagree.
Don't bother. The caps are a result of the public not happy with the "invisible caps", that ranged from 300GB to 600GB. Because of the uproar that these invisible caps caused, Comcast has no other option than to make the caps public, so they lowered them to 250GB.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx to badtrip

to badtrip
Averaging 9GB per day here, due to backups and such. That number may go down with time, possibly crossing 250GB by the time the cap is instituted, but c'mon, 25 cents per GB for the first 250, then $1.50 per GB after that? If they cap I'm either going business class or downgrading to the lowest tier...probably downgrading. If I'm not able to download more (faster speeds AND higher caps) on the high-end plan, I think I'll keep $20 a month and get a 4 Mbit connection. If the caps are even lower on the 4 Mbit connection, I'll take a deep breath and go with either the wireless ISP here (not sure how that'll turn out) or try and grab my school's Wifi next door. I'm sure Qwest DSL would have even lower caps :/

Now is the time for competition; the 250GB per month limit on Comcast roughly equals $81 per megabit on a dedicated connection, and you can get high-volume internet for less than one-tenth that. Build wireless backhaul to the nearest Cogent POP and you're set.

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
MVM
join:2003-09-26
Hercules, CA

1 recommendation

dadkins to Robert

MVM

to Robert
said by Robert:
said by badtrip:

Don't bother. The caps are a result of the public not happy with the "invisible caps", that ranged from 300GB to 600GB. Because of the uproar that these invisible caps caused, Comcast has no other option than to make the caps public, so they lowered them to 250GB.
Uh huh...
People were whining for "Stated Caps", well, here ya go!
Just be glad they didn't low-ball you/me/us!

I know people that hit ~300GB per month, without a peep!
Bet they will be sure to say "Thanks Assclowns!" to the whiners as soon as they hear about this.

This will not affect me, but shouldn't us "normal" users get a rate cut?
I use about 30GB - 40GB per month - where's my rebate?

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

said by dadkins:

said by Robert:
said by badtrip:

Uh huh...
People were whining for "Stated Caps", well, here ya go!
Just be glad they didn't low-ball you/me/us!

I know people that hit ~300GB per month, without a peep!
Bet they will be sure to say "Thanks Assclowns!" to the whiners as soon as they hear about this.

This will not affect me, but shouldn't us "normal" users get a rate cut?
I use about 30GB - 40GB per month - where's my rebate?
Your rebate is the ability to continue to use the service without interruptions

Morac
Cat god
join:2001-08-30
Riverside, NJ

Morac to iansltx

to iansltx
said by iansltx:

25 cents per GB for the first 250
Where are you getting that from?

Most people pay $42 a month which would be about 17 cents a GB. Those with Triple play, only pay $33 a month which is 13 cents a GB.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx

I pay $62.95 a month (after $9.95 discount for the first 6 months) for 8/2 service. So yes, 25 cents per gig.
monkeyslew
join:2005-03-21
Littleton, CO

monkeyslew

Yep, I am paying nearly 63 dollars a month. Since I am paying more my cap should be like 400GB/month.