uniqs
share rss forum feed view:
normal
prev page · 1 · 2 · 3 ... 42 · 43 · 44 · 45 · 46 · 47 ... 50 · 51 · 52 · next

BethS

join:2011-11-29
Coleman, TX
reply to Smith6612

[Interleave/Fastpath] Re: Need to switch between Interleave and FastPath? Part 2

I have the High Speed Enhanced service which is supposed to be 1.1 - 3.

My trans. stats. are as follows:

Transceiver Revision: 7.2.3.0
Vendor ID Code: 4
Line Mode: ADSL2+ Mode
Data Path: Interleaved

Transceiver Information Downstream Path Upstream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 861 156
Margin (dB) 30.5 36.0
Line Attenuation (dB) 35.5 20.0
Transmit Power (dBm) 17.8 11.8

Is there anything I can do to improve my speed?

I can only stream from Hulu at the lowest setting and I can only stream from Amazon between midnight and dawn.

Thanks

Smith6612
Premium,MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Frontier Communi..
reply to rci2990
OK. If you're aware of what FastPath does to the line that may cause problems, feel free to ask to get it switched over. I do still believe your upstream margin should be much higher considering your distance.

@jonnejon: You didn't do anything wrong. Lately it seems they've been understaffed. They should get to you sometime soon.

@bma4573: I see no more than 5Mbps coming out of that line without trouble if you were to get ADSL2+ installed onto the line. FastPath is do-able, though you need to see what you can do about improving the statistics first. The attenuation suggests you're beyond the 2 mile mark in wire.

@beths: I'd contact Verizon and ensure you're actually on the 1.1-15Mbps "Enhanced" plan. The speed you're set at falls under the 768kbps-1Mbps plan. You've already got ADSL2+ on the line, so realistically if the line is running clean enough you might be able to squeeze by with 10Mbps. I wouldn't count on it though and would expect to see it max at about 7Mbps. As far as FastPath goes, work on getting the speed increased first since it sounds like that is a higher priority over lower latency.

BethS

join:2011-11-29
Coleman, TX
Thanks for your help.

Do you have any suggestions for contacting Verizon?

When I did the tech support chat I just got the run around.

When I went through customer support they did confirm that I was on the HSI Enhanced plan.

Then I found this web site and you are the only person who is knowledgeable who is responding to questions.

The verizon direct section of this web site seems to have stopped responding to DSL questions.

Thanks again for you help.

tim_k
Buttons, Bows, Beamer, Shadow, Kasey
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-02
Stewartstown, PA
kudos:40
said by BethS:

Thanks for your help.

Do you have any suggestions for contacting Verizon?

PM me your DSL #, I'll check it out.
Expand your moderator at work

sashwa
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
kudos:18
reply to BethS

[Interleave/Fastpath] (topic move) Need to switch between Interleave and FastPath? Par

Moderator Action
The post that was here, has been moved to a new topic .. »Having a problem staying online

bma4573

join:2011-12-04
Avenue, MD
reply to Smith6612

[Interleave/Fastpath] Re: Need to switch between Interleave and FastPath? Part 2

Smith6612, so are you saying I should be able to get 5Mbps now or when/if my line gets upgraded to ADSL2+, and how does Verizon do those upgrades? Any suggestions to improving my stats? I just got a Cisco 1760 and was going to get an ADSL WIC and try replacing my Verizon modem with that, but that was more to keep hands on with ios, do you think that would help? And I'm really surprised by the attenuation, I clocked the mileage from my house to the office and it's less than 2 Miles. Sorry to keep bothering you, I just want to get the fastest connection I can. Thanks.

Smith6612
Premium,MVM
North Tonawanda, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Frontier Communi..
What I pretty much stated was an estimation. If Verizon can move you onto an ADSL2+ DSLAM and set your speed high enough, I see the line getting pretty close to the 5Mbps rates, but don't count on it being 100% there. If the line's attenuation is higher than you expect, you can see if things are better at the NID or see if you can convince Verizon to send a tech out to improve the line, but really there isn't a lot that could be done if the problem is actually with higher gauge cabling.

Alex G Bell

join:2002-07-02
Boston, MA
reply to Smith6612
I hear tell that if one is provisioned on one of the new Adtran DSLAMs, one can only get FastPath if one's download speed is set for 7 Mbs or lower. Very odd as the people who want and need the higher speeds are usually the same who want low latency.
--
"Remember, Comrade, people who are willing to destroy an efficient telephone system may not be playing with a full deck."

tim_k
Premium,VIP
Stewartstown, PA
said by Alex G Bell:

I hear tell that if one is provisioned on one of the new Adtran DSLAMs, one can only get FastPath if one's download speed is set for 7 Mbs or lower. Very odd as the people who want and need the higher speeds are usually the same who want low latency.

On any system when choosing 10-15M tiers, fastpath is greyed out as an option. Don't know why the higher tiers can't handle it.
--
RIP my babies Buttons 1/15/94-2/9/07, Beamer 7/24/08, & Bows 12/17/94-10/11/09

Smith6612
Premium,MVM
North Tonawanda, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Frontier Communi..
By any chance, does an option exist for changing Interleaving depth? I'm curious if that would be a workaround. I find it strange that a Fast option would not be available, though I'm curious if it may be a limitation of the DSLAM (>8Mbps = Interleaving) or perhaps Verizon being cautionary.

Alex G Bell

join:2002-07-02
Boston, MA
reply to Smith6612
It's probably Verizon being cautionary, as the Adtran card itself appears to allow it (in fact the card allows download speeds of up to 32 Mbps). When I was on the Alcatel 7300 ASAM, I was doing 15 Mbps on FastPath.
--
"Remember, Comrade, people who are willing to destroy an efficient telephone system may not be playing with a full deck."

tim_k
Premium,VIP
Stewartstown, PA
reply to Smith6612
No options for interleave. It's just fastpath, interleave and one for the auto optimization.

exclusive213

join:2009-01-15
Santa Barbara, CA
reply to Smith6612
I was hoping to hear from you guys if you thought it would benefit me to switch to FastPath? Thanks in advance!

DSL Status
VPI: 0

VCI: 35

DSL Mode Setting: Auto

DSL Negotiated Mode: G.DMT

Connection Status: ShowTime

Speed (down/up): 7616/800 kbps

ATM QoS class: UBR

Output Power (Downstream/Upstream): 11.9/19.7 dBm

Attainable Rate (Downstream/Upstream): 9312/920 kbps

HEC Errors (Downstream/Upstream): 3/0

OCD Errors (Downstream/Upstream): 1/1

LCD Errors (Downstream/Upstream): 0/2

SNR Margin (Downstream/Upstream): 10.4/11 dB

Attenuation (Downstream/Upstream): 41.5/16.0 dB

Again, Thank you guys so much for what ever help I get.

Smith6612
Premium,MVM
North Tonawanda, NY
If you want to keep 7.1Mbps you'd be best to stay with Interleaved. The line's running fine now but it might develop issues pushing it farther. The upload is missing 64kbps so that might be worth checking into.

exclusive213

join:2009-01-15
Santa Barbara, CA
Well thanks for your response.

mcdonn_3422

join:2011-12-07
Hampstead, MD
reply to Smith6612
I just had and some line maintenance done. End result was getting my line re-provisioned, and the cap moved from 1.5 to 3.0. Sync is stable and I am getting reliable service at 2.88Mb/s. I am still in Interleaved mode and was wondering if my line could support FastPath. Stats for line with a Westell 6100 modem are as follows:

Transceiver Statistics

Line Mode: G.DMT Mode

DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 3360 800
Margin (dB) 13.5 9.0
Line Attenuation (dB) 47.0 31.0
Transmit Power (dBm) 11.3 11.8

So what do you folks think? Is it Fastpath worth a try?

Thanks for your time.

accordlaying

join:2011-12-18
Colonial Heights, VA
reply to Smith6612
How do I run my transceiver stats for my Verizon dsl westell 7500 modem?

mcdonn_3422

Hampstead, MD

Smith6612
Premium,MVM
North Tonawanda, NY
reply to mcdonn_3422
I honestly would say that if you can get the upstream running a little better, you should be good to go. Either way it should be fine from the looks of things.

mcdonn_3422

Hampstead, MD

1 edit
Thank You for the reply. I'm going to move the modem to within a foot of the antique gas discharge tube suppressor, and I am adding a DSL splitter right where the line ties into the suppressor instead of using a DSL filter on the end of a 5' stub to my modular distribution block.

Other than getting a NID installed (tech says the line is too short to add a NID) i think that will do all I can for the up link. Two more questions.

1. What do I have to do to try fastpath?

2. Do I need to replace the gas tube block with anything better?

egotrip1

join:2010-11-07
York, PA
reply to Smith6612
Figured I would put mine up and see if I can use FastPath

Transceiver Statistics
Transceiver Revision 3.3.6.10.0.1
Vendor ID Code 4D54
Line Mode ADSL_2plus
Data Path INTERLEAVED

Transceiver Information Down Stream Path Up Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 10518 1038
Margin (dB) 5.6 10.0
Line Attenuation (dB) 40.7 20.5
Transmit Power (dBm) 20.2 12.2

Smith6612
Premium,MVM
North Tonawanda, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Frontier Communi..
reply to mcdonn_3422
said by mcdonn_3422:

Thank You for the reply. I'm going to move the modem to within a foot of the antique gas discharge tube suppressor, and I am adding a DSL splitter right where the line ties into the suppressor instead of using a DSL filter on the end of a 5' stub to my modular distribution block.

Other than getting a NID installed (tech says the line is too short to add a NID) i think that will do all I can for the up link. Two more questions.

1. What do I have to do to try fastpath?

2. Do I need to replace the gas tube block with anything better?

Essentially, we're looking to rule out as much as we can from the home's wiring to see if we can improve the upstream sync to 864kbps and perhaps get a bit more margin on it. If you can rule out the Gas Tube block as degrading the statistics a good amount, it's probably safe to say it's time to replace it with something else. Otherwise, if there is no stats difference or it's marginal, it can stay.

@egotrip1: I wouldn't try it. You'll need to stay on Interleaved if you want to keep 10Mbps/1Mbps...

Moley

@verizon.net
reply to Smith6612
Transceiver Revision 3.3.6.10.0.1
Vendor ID Code 4D54
Line Mode ADSL_2plus
Data Path INTERLEAVED

DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 6208 860
Margin (dB) 17.5 14.3
Line Attenuation (dB) 32.2 12.9
Transmit Power (dBm) 18.2 12.1

Figured I'd post to see what you guys think, I think I should be provisioned 7/1 but I guess this is all I can get

Meez

join:2012-01-22
Norfolk, VA
reply to Smith6612
i definitely need to be switched to interleaved. i should be getting 1500, but i'm only getting 700. my margin is really low.

Transceiver Revision A2pB020b3.d20h
Vendor ID Code 4D54
Line Mode ADSL_2plus
Data Path FAST

DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 744 445
Margin (dB) 6.6 16.6
Line Attenuation (dB) 58.0 33.9
Transmit Power (dBm) 15.6 12.4

zorrtwice

join:2008-09-13
reply to Smith6612
Hey there, my latency on virtually everything just doubled about 10 days ago. Games are unplayable. How are my stats for fastpath?

Line Mode: G.DMT Mode

DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 3360 864
Margin (dB) 20.5 10.0
Line Attenuation (dB) 22.0 10.0
Transmit Power (dBm) 9.6 11.9

vulgate

join:2012-01-27
reply to Smith6612
Here are my stats. I'm also curious what speed I could qualify for if I upgrade. I'm currently on a 1 Mbps down plan. Verizon will only allow be to upgrade to 3 Mbps down though their website. Thanks!

____

Vendor ID Code 4D54
Line Mode ADSL_G.dmt
Data Path INTERLEAVED

DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 1184 448
Margin (dB) 16.0 19.0
Line Attenuation (dB) 53.0 31.5
Transmit Power (dBm) 9.4 11.9

JesuGuy

@verizon.net
reply to Smith6612
I would like to switch from Interleaved to Fast Path since myself and another person in my home are avid gamers. My DSL plan is the 1.5 Mbps Down/0.3 Up, yet as of 3 days ago my speed got bumped up to 2.9 Mbps Down/.8 Up, which has never happened. In fact I had Fast path before but I called Verizon and they replaced a DSL router with another one since that one was dropping our computers (not the DSL) too much and the replacement router was droing the same too, so I got another replacement. I come to check my path and its back down to Interleaved. When I did have Fast path I never had a problem.

But I just want to confirm if I can switch again:
Vendor ID Code 4D54
Line Mode ADSL_G.dmt
Data Path INTERLEAVED

DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 2944 832
Margin (dB) 8.3 10.0
Line Attenuation (dB) 51.0 29.0
Transmit Power (dBm) 19.7 11.9

Thank you.

Smith6612
Premium,MVM
North Tonawanda, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Frontier Communi..
reply to Moley
@Moley: If you stick with Interleaved the line speed could probably be pushed higher. It seems your speed is set for 7.1 but is either optimized or has synced lower than it should have. If you'd like FastPath though, you're good to go. Just have Verizon set the line to 5Mbps or leave it at that optimized speed. It should be fine.

@Meez: Try performing the NID test if you haven't already done so. You could probably keep FastPath if you can prove that there is a large enough issue inside the home and Verizon's copper is in good shape. For your distance I'd expect a Megabit to come out of that. Verizon could also come out to see what they can do to fix up the line to have more capacity, too. I'd do that first, being myself and biased towards performance with reliability.

@zorrtwice: Your stats are fine. If you were bumped off of FastPath, there isn't much of a reason for you to be bumped down. Your line has plenty of capacity for higher speeds, like 7Mbps...

@vultage: You might be able to slip by with 3Mbps without much of an issue, as long as you stay on Interleaved. I wouldn't try 3Mbps with FastPath though. Most likely, Verizon will set you to 1.5Mbps where you have room for Fast, or you'll be set to 3Mbps but optimized down to about 1.7-2.2Mbps where you might have enough room, still for FastPath. If ADSL2+ is possible that would give you a little more headroom.

@Jesuguy: You had FastPath and speeds close to 3Mbps on that line at one point, from what I'm reading, correct?

zorrtwice

join:2008-09-13
Thanks a ton for the input! Some Verizon techs have told me I should be able to go up to 7mbps as well, but when I call they always tells me no.
prev page · 1 · 2 · 3 ... 42 · 43 · 44 · 45 · 46 · 47 ... 50 · 51 · 52 · next