All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
TheMayor
join:2002-05-09

TheMayor

Has anybody...

I keep reading questions about how people can consume more then 250 gigs per month. I was just curious if anybody who has a hard time figuring out why with people consuming more then x amount per month, has gone over to a friends place & see what they are downloading, watching, etc & realized that it was possible.

I can see the limit being hit in households where everyone is a roommate & everyone shares the same connection. Also I would be curious if people are going to try to get a 2nd connection, etc
patcat88
join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY

patcat88

said by TheMayor:

Also I would be curious if people are going to try to get a 2nd connection, etc
Any hog with disposable income will get it.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned) to TheMayor

to TheMayor
said by TheMayor:

I keep reading questions about how people can consume more then 250 gigs per month. I was just curious if anybody who has a hard time figuring out why with people consuming more then x amount per month, has gone over to a friends place & see what they are downloading, watching, etc & realized that it was possible.

I can see the limit being hit in households where everyone is a roommate & everyone shares the same connection. Also I would be curious if people are going to try to get a 2nd connection, etc
Sure

Online gaming? Even 24/7 that wouldn't even be 50 GB. Who plays 24/7? Most people would use under 15 GB. VoIP? 6 hours a day on the phone = 10GB. 6 hours a day of watching streaming TV from places like Hulu( assuming you're actually are streaming at 1.2 Mbps all the time which you won't be ) = 95 GB. Downloading 6 HD movies a month from places like Itunes or Xbox Live = 35 GB. 8 hours a day of streaming music online= 20 GB per month. 6 hours a day of watching videos from places like YouTube = 25 GB per month. Watching 50 1080p HD movie trailers per month = 5 GB. General websurfing that doesn't involve activities already mentioned and using e-mail maybe 20 GB a month even with a family of 4. Total = 225 GB. And you still have 25 left to use.

Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

Alcohol to TheMayor

Premium Member

to TheMayor
said by TheMayor:

Ever heard of warez?
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by Alcohol:

said by TheMayor:

Ever heard of warez?
Yes warez is ILLEGAL and why should an ISP have to provide people doing illegal things the bandwidth to do those illegal activities?