dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
System

Anon

UsWest-Qwest DSL = Bad service.

After 9 months they installed premium DSL service with Cisco router. It worked great for about 30 days at 640/256 speeds. Then it went to about 30k and I started the service call(s). After sending techs out a few times to tell me that my line is OK (which I knew) since it trains up @ 640 & when I told them to check their routers/Dslam equipment, they could only say this is normal. But it does not end there, I closed my account & returned the equipment but they continue to bill me. More calls but no service yet. I called up AT&T and they had their equipment installed within 48 hours and I get 1.5/768 speeds all the time, it also costs less. Since then I also switched to the AT&T digital phone service and dumped Qwest for good.
Brandonv7
join:2000-09-14
Minneapolis, MN

Brandonv7

I have pretty good service with them in the Minneapolis, MN area. I had a friend who had their service also in St. Paul with good luck. He recently moved to Salmon Creek and thought that he could just re-hook up there with Qwest and keep the same equipment and Email. He heard so many bad things about Qwest there and went with cable. He seems to like it but he gets (which is typical and to be expected) plenty of hackers probing his system. I suggest you get a firewall of some sort, even if it is just something like Black Ice or Zone Alarm.

Btw, off topic, I was recently out in your neighborhood at my company headquarters (Integra Telecom) in Beaverton, OR. Beautiful area out there.
--
"Rose Tints My World To Keep Me Safe From My Trouble And Pain!"
Take a trip down the River Roads!!
System

Anon

Thanks, I did get a firewall/router. I used the D-Link 701 which allows me to have my home network running with the single IP address they provide. Had to play around with the mail settings a bit but it all works fine now.

Brendan
Warr Guitar
join:2000-07-14
Portland, OR

Brendan

You actually got a tech to come out? That in itself is amazing. I've been waiting a month already for an IDSL circuit, with nothing to show from Qwest. I hope Wide Open West puts those bastards out of business, or at least in Colorado!

I Detest Qwest!
*Pissed In Colorado*

mnyberg5
join:2000-11-23
Spring, TX

mnyberg5 to Anon

to Anon
Hey you said that you switch to AT&T what City are you in if i may ask?
I have been showing a slow down in my DSL service from Qwest too so I am looking esle where. I really like the speed you posted. I am in Mesa,AZ so please let me know.
Thanks Looking for a faster and better service..
Brandonv7
join:2000-09-14
Minneapolis, MN

Brandonv7

If you click on his name, you will bring up his profile.
That will tell you he is from Vancouver, WA.
--
"Rose Tints My World To Keep Me Safe From My Trouble And Pain!"
Take a trip down the River Roads!!
ruthven78
join:2000-11-14
Spokane, WA

ruthven78 to Anon

to Anon
Well Im over in Spokane, WA on the other side of the state from the original poster. Ive had USWest.net for not quite 3 weeks. Everything is fine (for the mean time) except I found they had high latency when connecting to game servers using Unreal Tournament's multiplayer interface. Problem is I get 6 hops before my route even leaves the gateway (in seattle) there is three in my hometown and then three in seattle. THis was found using a traceroute program called Visual Route. So in hopes to decrease my ping rates I decided to switch ISPs. I'll deffinetly keep watch on it though. Cable is still fresh in the area so in the districts its in, not very many people have to share bandwidth yet.
System

to mnyberg5

Anon

to mnyberg5
I am in Vancouver Washington and have AT&T digital cable in my area.