uniqs

MarkyD
Premium Member
join:2002-08-20
Oklahoma City, OK

MarkyD

Premium Member

autocorrect

teh steve must have his iPhone Jailbroken to disable auto correct...or this is BS.
quote:
From "Steve" to our reader:

We agree, and are discussing it with ATT.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone

the iPhone auto corrects "ATT" to "AT&T."

en102
Canadian, eh?
join:2001-01-26
Valencia, CA

en102

What's the point of having a 3G phone if you can't tether.
Also, paying the big $$$ for iPhone data plan on a 2 year commitment should allow this anyways.

I've tethered on my PoS Samsung ZX-20 on the $15 media max package w/o issue.

MarkyD
Premium Member
join:2002-08-20
Oklahoma City, OK

MarkyD

Premium Member

Yeah, I'm using Netshare with fantastic results. Jailbreak is a winner. IMO
yabos
join:2003-02-16
London, ON

yabos to en102

to en102
The battery life is pretty bad when you tether. But if you had a plug somewhere then it wouldn't really be a problem. It can come in handy once in a while though, that's why I bought the Netshare app when it popped back up the second time.

djrobx
Premium Member
join:2000-05-31
Reno, NV

1 edit

djrobx

Premium Member

That's one of the reasons why I decided to pass on NetShare even when I could buy it. A true tether should work through the USB cable or maybe bluetooth PAN. With my BlackJack, it was as simple as running the ICS application, and plugging in the USB cable.

iPhone's wifi adds a lot of latency (expected in low power mode), and it's WAY too much of a PITA to create an ad-hoc network, set a static IP, and configure my browser for a proxy, just to get online through my laptop every time I want to use it.
djrobx

djrobx to en102

Premium Member

to en102
I agree, the extra money wireless providers want for tethering and "PDA plans" is complete BS and an utterly blatant cash grab.

»www.wireless.att.com/bus ··· able.jsp

$60/month? Are you f*cking kidding me? The extra cost of a PDA plan that's no different from MediaMax should cover it. And then some.

-- Rob

en102
Canadian, eh?
join:2001-01-26
Valencia, CA

en102 to djrobx

to djrobx
I've been able to do it through AT&T Wireless connection manager on my Samsung ZX-20 throught tethered and bluetooth connections.
Maxed 1.2Mbps down, 360 kbps up. Latency was 120-240ms.

FastiBook
join:2003-01-08
Newtown, PA

FastiBook to en102

to en102
The point of 3G isnt to tether. Nice try though.