hescominsoon

join:2003-02-18
Brunswick, MD
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to jc10098

Re: Watch and learn...

said by jc10098:

Funny... We pretend to Separate church and state but somehow we FAIL..

1) Schools use God in the Pledge of Allegiance.
2) School Prayer was only Outlawed in the 1950s
3) Schools are NOW enacting Intelligent Design as part of their STATE testing requirements... Um.... Ok?

Here's the real winner. We give Tax Exemption to Religious groups, who then go out and "campaign" for politicians. Last I checked, religious groups weren't allowed to endorse anyone if they are a Tax Exempt entity. Strange enough, we don't ever seem to hold them to that. The kicker, we often give LOADS of tax payer money to faith based groups.

Ah yes... Separation of church and state hard at work in America.
HOw about you actually READ the constitution? »www.hescominsoon.com/archives/79 ··· ives/794

The separation of church and state as pushed by the ACLU is a myth. Specifically this text of the constitution:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

What this means is there is no gov't spoonsored religion..aka like the english anglican church. Putting God in something does not mean the gov't is specifically endorsing A religion.

Secondly about non-profits "campaigning" yes they can..it's in the constitution. Want to know who's mos guilty of breaking the "separation of church and state"? The very people who scream the most..mostly Liberal folks(and that's across the board..no political party is immune).

Actually if you read the tax law just because you are tax exempt the IRS does NOT have the Constitutional power to limit the free speech or the exercise thereof(aka read the first amendment posted above). Tax law, case law..etc law DOES NOT supersede the United States Constitution.

jc10098

join:2002-04-10

1 edit
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

There is government sponsored religion. WHEN MY TAX DOLLARS go to a faith based group, THAT IS SPONSORING RELIGION. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. Why should a CHURCH which I don't believe in GET MY MONEY? SO try again.

Secondly about non-profits "campaigning"

WRONG. Under the Tax Exempt Charter issued to churches, THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED to make any political endorsements or they risk losing their exemption status. Go look that one up. THE IRS FORBIDS THIS. A google search will yield you PLENTY of results.

Also, for religion in school, PUBLIC SCHOOLS are an ENDORSEMENT AND FUNDED BY THE GOVERNMENT. Bringing in Religion (intelligent design) or "God" violates the concept of public. Tax dollars means EVERYONE of all faiths and beliefs, or lack there of, attend. School is there to learn. If you want your kids to pray, SEND THEM TO A FAITH BASED SCHOOL where I'm not footing the bill. Otherwise, a Public School that uses religion is serving as an agent for the government and making an endorsement. They receive tax dollars once again.

I know the law. Maybe you need to as well.