spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Sabbath

@verizon.net

[billing] Still bound to Verizon contract?

I was a verizon customer for dsl. Now that Fairpoint has taken control of my service, am I bound by the same terms as Verizon, or may I cancel anytime without penalty? I believe I had a year commitment with verizon.

again

@verizon.net

I would say so, I contracted 4 days before the signing and got the same pricing from Fairpoint.

tschmidt
Premium,MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
kudos:9
Reviews:
·G4 Communications
·Fairpoint Commun..
·Hollis Hosting
reply to Sabbath

said by Sabbath :

Now that Fairpoint has taken control of my service, am I bound by the same terms as Verizon, or may I cancel anytime without penalty?
I've been a long time Verizon customer and each year in July I call to reactivate the contract to get the lower rate. When I called FairPoint this year they said I was grandfathered at the contract rate and did not have to be on contract. Not even sure if they have one anymore.

My guess unless you are a new customer will not be a problem to cancel.

/Tom

mouseferatu
Too many cats, Too many mice
Premium,MVM
join:2004-03-16
Im not sure
kudos:3
reply to Sabbath

FWIW, tschmidt See Profile and I did not get the same information from FairPoint, but I would tend to concur with what Tom said. I doubt that FairPoint is yet organized enough to hold you to anything, but that is merely an opinion...

I have a mess with more than one of the businesses that I contract with in regards to DSL. I assumed it was a business issue until a former employee of mine contacted me with similar problems with his residential service.

I rather wonder if it is up to who you happen to speak to, when. The answers that businesses are getting don't seem to be too consistent...
--
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crispy and good with catsup."

tschmidt
Premium,MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
kudos:9
Reviews:
·G4 Communications
·Fairpoint Commun..
·Hollis Hosting

said by mouseferatu:

I would tend to concur with what Tom said. I doubt that FairPoint is yet organized enough to hold you to anything,
Agree - The transition to FairPoint is a work in process. I think FairPoint is still contracting with Verizon to do some stuff through the end of the year.

Can't hurt to call and find out.

/tom

sabbath

@verizon.net
reply to Sabbath

Turns out, they claim to have the same rights as Verizon and have bought everything including the contract terms. If I want to switch to Roadrunner, I'll have to eat the $80 early termination fee.
But, with RR offering $30 for first 6 months, and $50 for switching, I still may change.

mouseferatu
Too many cats, Too many mice
Premium,MVM
join:2004-03-16
Im not sure
kudos:3

2 edits

I would call the PUC if you feel so inclined... FairPoint has not been able to force my various business contracts to maintain service with them, and has not been able to collect any termination fees so far.

I am sure that there is a certain amount of luck in that, though, as they make a lot of noise and threaten dire results if their service is dropped...

»www.puc.state.nh.us/ (New Hampshire PUC)

»www.state.me.us/mpuc/ (Maine PUC)

»www.state.vt.us/psb/index.stm (Vermont PUC)
--
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crispy and good with catsup."