am like this is a sick joke
, i can download 250g in 3 days easy if i wanted to
and the rap just played dumb

this is the must stupid company ever

am like what the cap for the Economy Internet Service
that is 1mb DOWN max
and their like, their cap is also 250g,

am like, am paying 4 times what they pay for 50mb line
and the cap the same, she just keeped on playing am a totaly dumbass robot that repeats the same lines

atfer i told her in not so nice terms, their threats to disconnect me for heavy use would not taken into account and hang on on her in disbelief at the amount of stupidness that is comcast caps

chong67

join:2001-11-18
Jonesboro, GA

1 edit

WOW Your sub english is hard to understand.

C_Chipperson
Monster Rain
Premium
join:2009-01-17
kudos:3

1 edit
reply to saywatcomcas

I don't know what your question is.

Expand your moderator at work

WernerSchutz

join:2009-08-04
Sugar Land, TX

1 edit
reply to saywatcomcas

Re: Bandwidth Limits/Congestion Management - All discussion here

said by saywatcomcas :

i just talked to a comast rap
they bitched at me for having passed their 250g monthly cap

thing is, am one of their COMCAST Xtreme: 50Mb Down/12 Up

am like this is a sick joke
, i can download 250g in 3 days easy if i wanted to
and the rap just played dumb

this is the must stupid company ever

that is 1mb DOWN max

and the cap the same, she just keeped on playing am a totaly dumbass robot that repeats the same lines

atfer i told her in not so nice terms, their threats to disconnect me for heavy use would not taken into account and hang on on her in disbelief at the amount of stupidness that is comcast caps
What the rep told you is true. Having the 50 Mb tier has the same transfer cap as the 1 Mb. If you go over the treshhold again, they might disconnect you.

You could either subscribe to business class or watch to be under the 250 GB/mo. What you tell the rep does not really matter.
Expand your moderator at work

funchords
Hello
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-11
Yarmouth Port, MA
kudos:6

2 edits

2 recommendations

reply to saywatcomcas

said by saywatcomcas :

that is 1mb DOWN max

So, here's a chance for you to be the smart one.

Since you download a lot, don't download at faster than 750 Kbps (93 KB/s) and you'll never download more than 243 GB/mo. You don't need the 50 Mbps service, you can do that on the 1 Mbps (1000 Kbps) economy-class line!

Of course, if you do like surfing really fast, too, and watching YouTube and other things like that, then keep your faster connection and set your constant downloader to 60 KB/s or 500 Kbps. That will give you some left over in the 250 GB budget for your other things.

(*if you share this connection with your family, be sure to divide the budgeted amounts between them.)
--
Robb Topolski -= funchords.com =- District of Columbia -- KJ7RL
Tweet! Tweet! -- »twitter.com/funchords

JohnInSJ
Premium
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA

said by funchords:

So, here's a chance for you to be the smart one.
If you need TB of data to go along with the SPEED you currently pay for, switch to 50/10 business class.

Same speed, but at $189/mo you pay for all the bandwidth you can use. Or at least many TB of data a month.

There you go. Go for it!
--
My place : »www.schettino.us

chong67

join:2001-11-18
Jonesboro, GA

1 edit

1 recommendation

This is how I figure mine out ...

Since I am going to turn on my computer about 16 hrs a day anyway, it doesnt matter if I got 50 mbps or 100 mbps download. I can wait for it to download.

I think 6 mbps is my comfort zone and 12 mbps is just icing on the cake.

One thing I do wish is upload speed should keep getting higher.

spikedz

join:2005-04-02
Lakewood, WA
reply to sortofageek

As of this week, for Nov, Dec and Jan i averaged 340gb per month. No calls and not cutoff.

NathanO

join:2008-08-21
Moorestown, NJ

lol i did more than that for the past few months and have gotten nothing... crossing my fingers

Hel
Goddess Of My Own Little Universe
Premium
join:2002-04-11
Washington, DC
reply to sortofageek

Is business class speed consistent when residential fluctuates?

I previously had comcast residential, and got horrible speeds (I'm talking dialup slow!) at certain times of day (when everyone in the apartment building I live in would get home from work, for example). I ultimately moved to DSL, since it gave me consistent speed. I've been looking at switching back to comcast, but don't want to switch to residential cos of the previously lousy experience and cos of the caps. If I were to get comcast business class, would it likely have the same problem my previous residential service did, slow downs when everyone in the apartment building is home&online? I've already been told that with business class, comcast guarantees speed from the node, but I don't know enough about the infrastructure to know if that means my connection would no longer be susceptible to other use in the building or not.
Thanks!
--
“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross."-Sinclair Lewis 1885-1951

AVonGauss
Premium
join:2007-11-01
Boynton Beach, FL

Re: Is business class speed consistent when residential fluctuat

How long has it been since you had the HSI service? If it's been a while, it might be worth it to try the residential service again as there is no contract or commitment. If the residential performs better than your previous experience, you could always switch to the business class later if that is your intent.

bgoodbody
Bill G

join:2002-05-08
North Truro, MA
reply to sortofageek

Hmm. I think of myself as a resonabbly heavy user. On 18hrs 3 computers.

Looked at the Traffic meter in WNR100v2 from comcast. Looks like i'm usng about 12 - 25 GB per month. Not even close to the cap.....
--
- Bill

JohnInSJ
Premium
Aptos, CA
reply to Hel

Re: Is business class speed consistent when residential fluctuat

said by Hel:

I If I were to get comcast business class, would it likely have the same problem my previous residential service did, slow downs when everyone in the apartment building is home&online?I've already been told that with business class, comcast guarantees speed from the node
Who told you that? No one from comcast, I would guess. You've got NO SLA on speed, just the same as residential best effort delivery. Your packets are no more or less blessed, and are subject to the same congestion management system as well.

I don't see any variation in speed in my residential (single family home) area that is upgraded to docsys 3.0, but I have no idea if your apartment building is on a congested node that is oversubscribed or not. One would think the congestion management system would help if it was - how long ago did you have comcast, and do you know if your area is upgraded to docsys 3.0? What speeds can you get for business class?
--

blacad

@comcast.net
reply to spikedz

my connection last night (3am) was horrible... i checked a few bandwidth meters and my download speed was acceptable, but upload never even kicked in... finall i got several readings of sub 100 kbps...

so i turned off all the routers i manage in my apt building so that i was the only one using the signal... same problem

then i decide to google any info on upload problems with Comcast... and stumbled upon the 250gb limit that i had NO IDEA about...

i checked the meter and it said i had used 253 gigs in December and 560 in Jan... this 560 seems to be a common number if you google it... perhaps the meter doesn't go above this limit, who knows?

but i have a hard time believing i dbled bandwidth consumption in one month... seriously

and currently my Feb usage (right now) is 144 gigs... it was 122 last night... so seriously, 22 gigs from 3am til 1pm????

i'm not buying it... and they have yet to contact me out here either (Seattle)

if they disconnect me without warning i'll be POed

espaeth
Digital Plumber
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
Minneapolis, MN
kudos:2

said by blacad :

so i turned off all the routers i manage in my apt building so that i was the only one using the signal... same problem
You're providing access for multiple tenants off a residential connection?

That's a risky strategy: »arstechnica.com/telecom/news/200···vice.ars

jseymour

join:2009-12-11
Waterford, MI
reply to blacad

said by blacad :

but i have a hard time believing i dbled bandwidth consumption in one month... seriously

and currently my Feb usage (right now) is 144 gigs... it was 122 last night... so seriously, 22 gigs from 3am til 1pm????
There are any number of explanations for this. One is several users all-of-a-sudden discovering they can download music, movies and no end of other content, and going on download sprees. (A recent poster in this very forum had that very problem at home.) The other is one-or-more PCs having gotten "owned" and becoming parts of botnets, warez mirrors, or virus/worm/Trojan re-broadcasters. That second possibility is fairly common and a nearly guaranteed eventuality when there are multiple less-than-clueful/-careful end-users on poorly-protected Windows PCs and no network border protection--even if they have anti-virus software.

Jim

JohnInSJ
Premium
Aptos, CA

said by jseymour:

said by blacad :

There are any number of explanations for this. One is several users all-of-a-sudden discovering they can download music, movies and no end of other content, and going on download sprees. (A recent poster in this very forum had that very problem at home.) The other is one-or-more PCs having gotten "owned" and becoming parts of botnets, warez mirrors, or virus/worm/Trojan re-broadcasters. That second possibility is fairly common and a nearly guaranteed eventuality when there are multiple less-than-clueful/-careful end-users on poorly-protected Windows PCs and no network border protection--even if they have anti-virus software.
22gb is a fair bit. If someone decided to download a season or two of tv shows via torrents, and opted for the 1gb per show "HD" capture, that would easily do it. Or they downloaded 5 "discography" illegal mp3 rips.

Or they spent $4,460.544 on iTunes

Or they downloaded every linux distro they could find. Twice.

Anway, sure, 20+gb is easy enough to do, if you're turning an entire building loose on your connection.
--

AVonGauss
Premium
join:2007-11-01
Boynton Beach, FL

said by JohnInSJ:

Music, maybe, television, not so much...

144 GB / 1.45 GB = 99 HD Shows = $299 (2.99 per)
144 GB / 640 MB = 230 SD Shows = $458 (1.99 per)

The above numbers are averages and estimates, with loose math, and do not include any season purchase discounts which would lower your cost while still yielding the same transfer.

That said, this is probably not the OP issue.

jseymour

join:2009-12-11
Waterford, MI
reply to JohnInSJ

said by JohnInSJ:

22gb is a fair bit. If someone decided to download a season or two of tv shows via torrents, and opted for the 1gb per show "HD" capture, that would easily do it. Or they downloaded 5 "discography" illegal mp3 rips.

Hey, I'm new to this "downloading" thing. I just got onto Comcast Business HSI... what... a couple weeks ago? Before that we had a 144kb/s IDSL circuit. Believe me: Nobody does much downloading on a 144kb/s IDSL circuit

I was just going from what this guy wrote: »Re: [Connectivity] Disconnections every other day

said by JohnInSJ:

Anway, sure, 20+gb is easy enough to do, if you're turning an entire building loose on your connection.
Which it looks like he's doing. Does nobody ever read the SOA/TOS/AUP? Even my Business account prohibits that kind of thing, if I understand correctly.

Jim

Eliton

join:2010-01-10
Pottsville, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit

said by jseymour:

said by JohnInSJ:

Hey, I'm new to this "downloading" thing. I just got onto Comcast Business HSI... what... a couple weeks ago? Before that we had a 144kb/s IDSL circuit. Believe me: Nobody does much downloading on a 144kb/s IDSL circuit

I was just going from what this guy wrote: »Re: [Connectivity] Disconnections every other day
Well like I also said my whole Family contributed to the "call" from Comcast.

And yes.. I probably can state the whole acceptable use policy word for word... lol

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:23
reply to sortofageek

Re: The Bandwidth Limits/Congestion Management Topic

Please see my note in the first post of this thread.

--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .