AVonGauss
Premium
join:2007-11-01
Boynton Beach, FL
reply to JohnInSJ

Re: Bandwidth Limits/Congestion Management - All discussion here

said by JohnInSJ:

Or they spent $4,460.544 on iTunes
Music, maybe, television, not so much...

144 GB / 1.45 GB = 99 HD Shows = $299 (2.99 per)
144 GB / 640 MB = 230 SD Shows = $458 (1.99 per)

The above numbers are averages and estimates, with loose math, and do not include any season purchase discounts which would lower your cost while still yielding the same transfer.

That said, this is probably not the OP issue.

jseymour

join:2009-12-11
Waterford, MI
reply to JohnInSJ
said by JohnInSJ:

22gb is a fair bit. If someone decided to download a season or two of tv shows via torrents, and opted for the 1gb per show "HD" capture, that would easily do it. Or they downloaded 5 "discography" illegal mp3 rips.

Or they downloaded every linux distro they could find. Twice.
Hey, I'm new to this "downloading" thing. I just got onto Comcast Business HSI... what... a couple weeks ago? Before that we had a 144kb/s IDSL circuit. Believe me: Nobody does much downloading on a 144kb/s IDSL circuit

I was just going from what this guy wrote: »Re: [Connectivity] Disconnections every other day

said by JohnInSJ:

Anway, sure, 20+gb is easy enough to do, if you're turning an entire building loose on your connection.
Which it looks like he's doing. Does nobody ever read the SOA/TOS/AUP? Even my Business account prohibits that kind of thing, if I understand correctly.

Jim

Eliton

join:2010-01-10
Pottsville, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit
said by jseymour:

said by JohnInSJ:

22gb is a fair bit. If someone decided to download a season or two of tv shows via torrents, and opted for the 1gb per show "HD" capture, that would easily do it. Or they downloaded 5 "discography" illegal mp3 rips.

Or they downloaded every linux distro they could find. Twice.
Hey, I'm new to this "downloading" thing. I just got onto Comcast Business HSI... what... a couple weeks ago? Before that we had a 144kb/s IDSL circuit. Believe me: Nobody does much downloading on a 144kb/s IDSL circuit

I was just going from what this guy wrote: »Re: [Connectivity] Disconnections every other day
Well like I also said my whole Family contributed to the "call" from Comcast.

And yes.. I probably can state the whole acceptable use policy word for word... lol

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:23
reply to sortofageek

Re: The Bandwidth Limits/Congestion Management Topic

Please see my note in the first post of this thread.

--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .