Premium Member
join:2002-12-30
New Castle, PA

1 recommendation

pianotech to dadkins

Premium Member

to dadkins

Re: Bandwidth Limits - All discussion here

What I think is wrong is Comcast threatening to discontinue service to those who go over. That's just dumb. Why not just charge them more accordingly? The added profits would make their shareholders happy.

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

Johkal

MVM

said by pianotech:

What I think is wrong is Comcast threatening to discontinue service to those who go over. That's just dumb. Why not just charge them more accordingly? The added profits would make their shareholders happy.
There is still the opinion by some heavy users that metered usage/billing is still unfair. You'll never please them. I would love metered usage/billing. My usage is so low, that my bill should be $5.00 a month.

My usage for 1.5 days:

WAN Bandwidth - Daily
Date Download Upload Total
2008-08-31 0.13 GB 0.00 GB 0.13 GB
2008-08-30 0.40 GB 0.03 GB 0.42 GB

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
MVM
join:2003-09-26
Hercules, CA

1 recommendation

dadkins to pianotech

MVM

to pianotech
said by pianotech:

I agree!
I think per use would be fine!
Some people think I am opposed to this form of billing - WRONG!

Let's see - $52.95 and use 35GB per month, or $7.41 for the same use... yeah, hard decision!

No, it aint happening and it aint my fault.
Bring it on!

funchords
Hello
MVM
join:2001-03-11
Yarmouth Port, MA

1 recommendation

funchords to Johkal

MVM

to Johkal
said by Johkal:

There is still the opinion by some heavy users that metered usage/billing is still unfair. You'll never please them. I would love metered usage/billing. My usage is so low, that my bill should be $5.00 a month.

My usage for 1.5 days:

WAN Bandwidth - Daily
Date Download Upload Total
2008-08-31 0.13 GB 0.00 GB 0.13 GB
2008-08-30 0.40 GB 0.03 GB 0.42 GB
Fair is a subjective determination which is used in bargaining.

In my view, strict metering wouldn't be fair unless there was also an infrastructure charge built in. Everyone who is connected, whether they use 0 KB or 1000 TB needs to be billed, needs the company to monitor the quality of the connection, needs the infrastructure maintained and upgraded.

A fair bill, to some, might look like:

Internet connection: $20.00
Internet usage, 51.2 GB: $7.94
Internet total: $27.94

and

Internet connection: $20.00
Internet usage, 512.0 GB: $79.40
Internet total: $99.40

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

2 recommendations

Johkal

MVM

I see no problem with a base charge before the actual metered charge.
fezz7834673
Premium Member
join:2008-08-31
Portland, OR

2 edits

fezz7834673

Premium Member

said by Johkal:

I see no problem with a base charge before the actual metered charge.
Of course not, but some of us would rather be happy if Comcast hadn't changed it at all, really meant it when they said "unlimited" and not threaten it's own customers over the phone when the user hadn't done anything different in their usage for years, especially when Comcast either can't prove or won't prove that one's usage is supposedly impacting the node.