DSLR sucks cocks
Premium Member
join:2000-11-13

quitaccount

Premium Member

[Photos] what spark plugs should NOT look like

Click for full size
ouch.
well, i finally got around to doing a bunch of maintenence to my R6, such as oil & filter change, coolant change, chain clean & lube, chain adjustment, shift link adjustment, rearset height adjustment, clean K&N filter, and finally.......change the spark plugs. i can't believe how bad i let them get this time. this is 12,000 miles of hard use. that center electrode is pretty oval compared to the perfect circle it should be LOL. anyway, i got a great deal on the plugs at the local advanced auto---like $5.90 each compared to the $14 each at the local Yamaha dealership.

Ken Peterson
Premium Member
join:2000-12-08

Ken Peterson

Premium Member

Recently I posted images with center electrodes being oval but many here were not concerned.

Lurch77
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
Green Bay, WI

Lurch77

Premium Member

That is normal wear on a plug with that type of ground electrode. I'd say you have a good running engine.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds to quitaccount

Premium Member

to quitaccount
What do you think that you see wrong with those plugs (or that one plug)? It has the normal reddish/brown coating from gasoline that contains additives (as most all gas today does).

It looks pretty good to me and has plenty of service life if it is under the recommended service interval.

damn
Premium Member
join:2002-10-23
nyc

1 edit

damn to quitaccount

Premium Member

to quitaccount
That looks just fine.
Behold, a victim of bad injector.

That's Iridium spark too.

quitaccount
DSLR sucks cocks
Premium Member
join:2000-11-13

1 recommendation

quitaccount

Premium Member

only reason i think they're bad is because i'm obsessed with proper maintenence intervals. i NEVER let stuff go over the time/milage/hours it's supposed to.

to me, those were BAD. the improvement in performance was basically amazing when i changed them. again, not normal to me because i never let things get that bad normally.

i have never personally seen plugs that bad, because i never let them go that long i guess.

Unit649
I B U, Who U B?
Premium Member
join:2000-01-22
Stockton, CA

Unit649 to quitaccount

Premium Member

to quitaccount
I'm surprised they included #9 on that list. That plug is just....shot to say the least.