JerseyDevil4
Premium Member
join:2006-11-06
New York, NY

JerseyDevil4

Premium Member

Microsoft Exchange Webmail in Safari

Hey All,

I am using safari on my mac and want to access my work email which is a microsoft exchange server. I am able to access it however the display is all messed up.

I used to on my old PC be able to use Firefox with the IE Tab plugin but that won't work on a MAC does anybody have a solution for this other then installing IE which I refuse to do?

Thanks,
JD980

SuperNet
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium Member
join:2002-10-08
Hoffman Estates, IL

SuperNet

Premium Member

said by JerseyDevil4:

Hey All,

I am using safari on my mac and want to access my work email which is a microsoft exchange server. I am able to access it however the display is all messed up.

I used to on my old PC be able to use Firefox with the IE Tab plugin but that won't work on a MAC does anybody have a solution for this other then installing IE which I refuse to do?

Thanks,
JD980
install FireFox?

bbarrera
MVM
join:2000-10-23
Sacramento, CA

bbarrera to JerseyDevil4

MVM

to JerseyDevil4
said by JerseyDevil4:

Thats odd, I have no trouble using Safari with Outlook Web Access on Exchange 2000, Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2007. It is missing some ActiveX-enabled features, but then again so does Firefox (Mac or Win).

Jahntassa
What, I can have feathers
Premium Member
join:2006-04-14
Conway, SC

Jahntassa to JerseyDevil4

Premium Member

to JerseyDevil4
If you aren't using Internet Explorer it's not going to look like it does in IE because it switches to a non-ActiveX mode. Safari and Firefox will look the same.

You aren't going to get the same experience as IE on a mac.

bbarrera
MVM
join:2000-10-23
Sacramento, CA

bbarrera to JerseyDevil4

MVM

to JerseyDevil4
said by JerseyDevil4:

I used to on my old PC be able to use Firefox with the IE Tab plugin
All that did was embed IE into Firefox, so you were running Internet Explorer and everyone has their own opinion about things and mine is that if you are running IE using IEtab then just get on with it and run it standalone and don't bother embedding it in Firefox.