spc
Search similar:

uniqs
skriefal
join:2002-12-26
Sandy, UT

skriefal

Multi-day outage in Utah

I'm now into the third day of no DSL service from Qwest here in the SLC area. The only information I can get is that there is an "outage" in the area. As expected, the off-shore support has little information on the cause of the outage and no information on when it will be resolved.

In the 10 years that I've had broadband service from Qwest, Mediaone, Comcast, etc, this is the longest outage that has been allowed to continue without resolution.

Anyone else affected?

woodward
XMission Internet
join:2000-12-28
Salt Lake City, UT

woodward

For whatever its worth, we have thousands of users in this area, and have heard of no such outage.
skriefal
Sandy, UT

skriefal

According to Qwest, it was a known outage in the area. Some sort of power problem, but that's all they would tell me. And they didn't specify how big the "area" was. I was switched to the 12Mbps ADSL2+ service a few weeks ago, so it might also have been limited to those users.

Finally back online now, after almost 3 days. It's nice to be back to the modern world again!
colorbars
join:2003-03-20
USA

colorbars to skriefal

to skriefal
No problem in the Ogden area, FWIW.

You really realize how much you've come to depend on the net when something goes weird with your connection, don't you?
skriefal
Sandy, UT

skriefal

Only 3 weeks after the last outage, and we're now 17 hours into a second extended outage. To anyone considering the new 12/20 Mbps ADSL2+ services in the immediate area... I advise against it at this time.
dynodb
Premium Member
join:2004-04-21
Minneapolis, MN

dynodb

Premium Member

said by skriefal:

Only 3 weeks after the last outage, and we're now 17 hours into a second extended outage. To anyone considering the new 12/20 Mbps ADSL2+ services in the immediate area... I advise against it at this time.
If it's the one I'm aware of, the current trouble is affecting about 25 people. Repair was delayed because the local techs were busy last night with an unrelated fiber cut somewhere in Utah.

Should be back up soon.
skriefal
Sandy, UT

skriefal

Thanks. I would perhaps have been less annoyed if Qwest themselves had provided me with that information...
skriefal

skriefal

Service came back online at around the 20-21 hour mark...