how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

skriefal

join:2002-12-26
Sandy, UT

Multi-day outage in Utah

I'm now into the third day of no DSL service from Qwest here in the SLC area. The only information I can get is that there is an "outage" in the area. As expected, the off-shore support has little information on the cause of the outage and no information on when it will be resolved.

In the 10 years that I've had broadband service from Qwest, Mediaone, Comcast, etc, this is the longest outage that has been allowed to continue without resolution.

Anyone else affected?

woodward
XMission Broadband
VIP
join:2000-12-28
Salt Lake City, UT

For whatever its worth, we have thousands of users in this area, and have heard of no such outage.

skriefal

Sandy, UT

According to Qwest, it was a known outage in the area. Some sort of power problem, but that's all they would tell me. And they didn't specify how big the "area" was. I was switched to the 12Mbps ADSL2+ service a few weeks ago, so it might also have been limited to those users.

Finally back online now, after almost 3 days. It's nice to be back to the modern world again!

colorbars

join:2003-03-20
USA
reply to skriefal

No problem in the Ogden area, FWIW.

You really realize how much you've come to depend on the net when something goes weird with your connection, don't you?

skriefal

Sandy, UT
reply to skriefal

Only 3 weeks after the last outage, and we're now 17 hours into a second extended outage. To anyone considering the new 12/20 Mbps ADSL2+ services in the immediate area... I advise against it at this time.

dynodb
Premium,VIP
join:2004-04-21
Minneapolis, MN

said by skriefal:

Only 3 weeks after the last outage, and we're now 17 hours into a second extended outage. To anyone considering the new 12/20 Mbps ADSL2+ services in the immediate area... I advise against it at this time.
If it's the one I'm aware of, the current trouble is affecting about 25 people. Repair was delayed because the local techs were busy last night with an unrelated fiber cut somewhere in Utah.

Should be back up soon.

skriefal

Sandy, UT

Thanks. I would perhaps have been less annoyed if Qwest themselves had provided me with that information...

skriefal

Sandy, UT

Service came back online at around the 20-21 hour mark...