spc
Search similar:

uniqs

clickhappy
join:2001-02-14
Issaquah, WA

clickhappy

LOL @ all the whiners

I am getting a kick out of all the "I can't believe I paid $500" comments.

While it does suck that there is a network outage it isn't the end of the world.

If you want 100% guaranteed uptime buy a string and some cans.

/3G works fine here in Seattle.

en102
Canadian, eh?
join:2001-01-26
Valencia, CA

en102

I agree... I'm not signing any contracts for a while.
I had a friend return his iPhone as it had too many dropped calls. I have a standard 3G phone, and here in SoCal it drops calls left and right when its on 3G... works fine on plain old GSM.

AT&T - fix your 3G in SoCal!

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski to clickhappy

Premium Member

to clickhappy
said by clickhappy:

I am getting a kick out of all the "I can't believe I paid $500" comments.

While it does suck that there is a network outage it isn't the end of the world.

If you want 100% guaranteed uptime buy a string and some cans.

/3G works fine here in Seattle.
Why? I expect it to work. 3G is down, Edge is not connecting either. Another co-workers Blackberry Curve is working fine. They made a big deal about being able to use the iPhone with Exchange and it is not working.

I expect something to work, pretty plain and simple. I have given SWB-Cingular-AT&T more than enough money over the years.

If a consultant of mine doesn't work out, I hear about it and correct the problem. AT&T should do the same. My $100 Blackberry would be working now. My $500 iPhone is not. Cut and dry to me.

guppy_fish
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish

Premium Member

If you had stuck with POTS, you wouldn't have had the money to buy an maybe Iphone, now you have both a maybe VOIP and CELL phone, at least its consistent

en102
Canadian, eh?
Valencia, CA

en102 to ptrowski

to ptrowski
What incentive does AT&T have if you keep giving them money?
You have to almost become like a Nextel/Sprint customer and start a mass exodus or they'll never fix anything.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

said by en102:

You have to almost become like a Nextel/Sprint customer and start a mass exodus or they'll never fix anything.
Leave. If this continues and becomes the "norm" for them I will exit stage left. We funnel them about $150 a month currently.

Dogfather
Premium Member
join:2007-12-26
Laguna Hills, CA

Dogfather to ptrowski

Premium Member

to ptrowski
It's not an iPhone issue.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

said by Dogfather:

It's not an iPhone issue.
I know it's not an iPhone specific issue. But the 3 other people here using Blackberry phones are getting their emails, can browse the web no problem.

It's an AT&T issue, so that is who I called.
TheGhost
Premium Member
join:2003-01-03
Lake Forest, IL

TheGhost to ptrowski

Premium Member

to ptrowski
said by ptrowski:

said by en102:

Leave. If this continues and becomes the "norm" for them I will exit stage left. We funnel them about $150 a month currently.
They have you locked in a contract, so leaving is a bit more difficult. I am not sure what you have to do to prove they are not providing service - I am not even sure that would matter as I believe their lawyers put plenty of weasel words in the contracts.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

said by TheGhost:

said by ptrowski:

said by en102:

They have you locked in a contract, so leaving is a bit more difficult. I am not sure what you have to do to prove they are not providing service - I am not even sure that would matter as I believe their lawyers put plenty of weasel words in the contracts.
True. But from an issue about a year ago with TONS of dropped calls they notated the account for the "get out of jail free" card. I verified today it is still active.
skrupowies
join:2002-08-22
Bristol, CT

skrupowies to ptrowski

to ptrowski
said by ptrowski:

My $100 Blackberry would be working now. My $500 iPhone is not. Cut and dry to me.
And last year or so the Blackberry system went down for a day or two while everyone else was running fine. All the Blackberry users were going through withdrawals. Stuff happens. It's not the end of the world.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

said by skrupowies:
said by ptrowski:

My $100 Blackberry would be working now. My $500 iPhone is not. Cut and dry to me.
And last year or so the Blackberry system went down for a day or two while everyone else was running fine. All the Blackberry users were going through withdrawals. Stuff happens. It's not the end of the world.
I understand that stuff happens and I was credited for the downtime. I started in 1996 with Southwestern Bell, who was then Cingular, who is now AT&T. Overall their service has been great. But when it affects my work emails, etc then that is where I get a bit ticked.

en102
Canadian, eh?
Valencia, CA

en102 to ptrowski

to ptrowski
My account is at the end of its contract (ends officially Sept 7)
I don't plan to sign into contract under any carrier for a while. If it continues, I may have to switch. AT&T actually called me up today as I sent them many messages about 3G/GSM dropped calls lately. Their own support wasn't even aware of the local sites that have been down for 3G for more than the past week.

On the flip side, AT&T reps (office of the president) have informed me that they'll be deploying 850MHz 3G in December in my part of SoCal.

ReformCRTC
Support Your Independent ISP
join:2004-03-07
Canada

ReformCRTC

And if you don't care about your credit score you can stiff them ala people in foreclosure "mailing in the keys."