spc
uniqs
nasadude
join:2001-10-05
Rockville, MD

nasadude to jmn1207

to jmn1207

Re: price of bandwidth is going up

please note I said "broadband pricing"; I agree with you 100% on the tv side of things but I purposely stayed away from that because I didn't want to start ranting.

the absolute worst thing (in my mind) comcast has done on the broadband side of things is their $15 "penalty" for not bundling at least one other product (as you pointed out).

I originally started out with @home cable broadband. It was $45/mo and 9M down and about 1M up. When Comcast swooped in and bought out @home, the price stayed the same but speeds dropped significantly, to something like 3M/256k. Then, after some months at this price, I all of a sudden get notice that I either buy their basic cable tv service ($15/mo) or the price of broadband would be raised to $60/mo. I said FU and paid the extra money, but have hated them ever since.

jmn1207
Premium Member
join:2000-07-19
Sterling, VA

1 edit

jmn1207

Premium Member

said by nasadude:

please note I said "broadband pricing"; I agree with you 100% on the tv side of things but I purposely stayed away from that because I didn't want to start ranting.
If you read my post you would see that I explained my disagreement with your "broadband pricing" statement. I thought my comment was fairly explicit with regards to the disingenuous nature of Comcast's supposedly stagnant HSI pricing.

ceege111
@pacbell.net

ceege111 to nasadude

Anon

to nasadude
So if you don't like the price of the TV service downgrade it to "basic cable" which is local channels and a couple more like discovery. Here in SF it's $11.50/month which I think is absurdly low because it's mandated as an "essential service" by the FCC. Then get netflix.