Search similar:

uniqs

Join
@202.178.122.x

Join

Anon

port security on Cisco Switch CE500

Dear All,

Could you explain me about port security in CE500?
now i got 10 unit this model.
1-what are different between sticky and static mac-address?
Please see command ask bellow:
i would like to make sure when i use sticky command in the future it not release ? is it ok for this command ?
switchport access vlan 20
switchport mode access
switchport port-security
switchport port-security aging time 2
switchport port-security violation restrict
switchport port-security aging type inactivity
switchport port-security mac-address sticky
switchport port-security mac-address sticky 001b.38a1.0c38

Best Regards,
Join

tubbynet
reminds me of the danse russe
MVM
join:2008-01-16
Gilbert, AZ

tubbynet

MVM

ummm...the commands that you are asking are for a command line switch.
as i understand it (having configured a bunch of ce524's), anything on the catalyst express line only supports the network configuration via http.
there is *NO* command line access available on a ce500-series switch.

q.

Join
@202.178.122.x

Join

Anon

Hi,

could you let me know how can i configure security port on this swith...
i was configure sticky already not i want to make sure in the future it release or not ? if release, which command that not release?
i tried to configure static mac-address but it not allow i don't know why?
Please help me to solve this problem!!!

Best Regards,
Join

tubbynet
MVM
Gilbert, AZ

tubbynet

MVM

again, there is *no* telnet or cli console on these switches. everything is done over the web interface. port-security is enabled depending on the smartport role to which the port is assigned.

from cisco:
»www.cisco.com/en/US/prod ··· aeb.html

q.

Join
@202.178.122.x

Join

Anon

Sure, it don't have web configure but it have command like console .

»x.x.x.x/exec/cli
Did you know how to configure port-security ? if know could you explain me as command above.

like this

Best Regards,
Join

tubbynet
MVM
Gilbert, AZ

tubbynet

MVM

if you have entered the cli and it won't accept the commands you want to enter, then the command is not supported on your release of the switch's ios. you will need to upgrade. plain and simple.

q.

yaplej
Premium Member
join:2001-02-10
White City, OR

yaplej

Premium Member

There is also a configuration utility called Cisco Network Assistant. It has the ability to set more security related stuff than the web interface alone can.

I agree that Cisco really screwed some of us with the CE line. They didn't have a good product for customers that only needed PoE in an access layer switch, and did not want to pay 3,000 for a L3 switch with PoE when they didn't need L3. We ended up with around 20 or so of them, and are not happy with them. They soon came out with a 2960 that has PoE for just a little more than the CE500 PoE switch was.
hoover87
join:2008-08-17
Anacortes, WA

2 edits

hoover87 to Join

to Join
Answering your question, the difference with sticky is that the switch will learn the addresses dynamically rather that you configuring them manually.

The commands you listed are supported on a CE520 running ce520-lanbasek9-mz.122-37.EX.bin

I'd imagine they would be supported on a CE500 as well, but don't have one handy to test for you.

tubbynet
MVM
Gilbert, AZ

tubbynet

MVM

i don't believe the ce500-series supports the cli. at least my ce500-24lc running 12.2(25)SEG4 code. iirc, this is the most up-to-date code that can be run on the ce500 series. hence my statement that the command-line isn't supported on the ce500 platform. it appears as though the OP is running a ce-520 series.

q.
hoover87
join:2008-08-17
Anacortes, WA

hoover87

Are you sure about that?

You can access CLI like behavior and run your CLI commands via the browser.

tubbynet
MVM
Gilbert, AZ

tubbynet

MVM

using »[webaddress]/exec/cli provides nothing on my current release of the software. i can still "view" the running configuration of the switch using the /exec/ commands.

i am currently in the process of upgrading to "seg5". we'll see if it is present there.

q.