Coming soon to a cup near you..
Premium
join:2005-01-16
WA, USA
kudos:4
reply to Eak the Cat

Re: Qwest Price for Life Terms Changed?

Just thought I'd add this bit.

These are from my actual bill this month.

Now, it seems simple, but can anyone make sense of this Gobbletygook about the discounts at the bottom?

And here's what I pay.

I'm happy with that as long as I get my discount, it's just weird how they do things.

-CaFF
--

My 9/11 Tribute..online since 9/14/01
Need an Avatar? Check out Wafen's Avatar Pages

RockyBB
Premium
join:2005-01-31
Steamboat Springs, CO

said by caffeinator:

Now, it seems simple, but can anyone make sense of this Gobbletygook about the discounts at the bottom?
what doesn't make sense?

caffeinator
Premium
WA, USA

1 edit

said by RockyBB:

said by caffeinator:

what doesn't make sense?
Feel free to explain how that last paragraph of the top picture applies to my bill. Qwest operators can't.

RockyBB
Premium
join:2005-01-31
Steamboat Springs, CO

because invoicing is done in advance, and they don't mail out bills until the service is installed, then your first bill will include the full month upcoming + the partial month that the service has been working for which you have not yet been charged. that is standard in the phone business. that sentence would only apply for the first invoice after something is installed.

the second sentence refers to situations where a customer promises to use the service for a period of time but does not fulfill that term. In your case, you got a discount for agreeing to use the service for two years. If you were to cancel the service (or make some change that reduces the cost) before the two years is up, then you did not keep your end of the promise, so Qwest will back bill you the amount of the original discount they gave you for the months that you received it. The idea is if you don't complete the term then you shouldn't earn the discount, so they will recapture it. As an example, say the month to month price is $50, and your price with the 2-year term discount is $38. The monthly discount is $12. If you cancel after 10 months, then Qwest would back bill you the $12 discount for the 10 months that you received it, or $120.

caffeinator
Premium
WA, USA

Ok I think I understand that..but it just appeared on the bill after I'd had the service for some time. Just seems weird is all.

Thanks for the explaination though.

-CaFF

charlie

@qwest.net

I just cancelled my DSL line with Qwest because of this problem. (At the end of my two-year agreement they said I never really had the price for life guarantee.)

Well, when I went to cancel and spoke with the cancellation department, I was told that there system is randomly dropping the price-for-life-guarantee from accounts, especially those that are Internet only (no other services.)

They were willing to reduce my price back down without a new contract, but I already signed up for Comcast.

I wrote about my experience at »www.tengallonbrain.com

Hope the info helps those who are still with Qwest that are getting jerked around too.