viperlmw
Premium Member
join:2005-01-25

viperlmw to Karl Bode

Premium Member

to Karl Bode

Re: Yep... business as usual

said by Karl Bode:

It wasn't the average consumer demanding it. They weren't affected and were not aware of any problem. It was the well above average abusers demanding the clarification and a hard cap.
A strawman point and completely irrelevant. A significant number of customers, the Florida Attorney General and the FCC have proven Comcast was lying to customers, yet here you are, claiming whatever happens is those customers fault for .... what .... demanding honesty?

Your logic consistently both astounds and terrifies.
Karl, you don't understand. You are being painted as 'elitist', by being a "well above average" user. It's the only way they can sell their goods, by fear. Fear of the elite. Fear of taxes. Fear of regulations. Fear of equality. Make the other guy scary. That's how decisions are made by some. 'I can't win by being right, I'll win with FEAR'
I pos rep
join:2008-08-22

I pos rep to FFH5

to FFH5
said by FFH5:

said by Matt3:

This is not surprising at all and exactly what most people thought was going on.
And the "WE THE PEOPLE" crowd are now getting what they demanded - an announced & marketed hard cap. And instead of 1,000/mo of the very worst abusers getting booted, Comcast gets to boot many many more within a couple months of Oct 1(new rules give an extra 30 days beyond 1st month before termination). So say around Dec 1 or thereabouts, we can start reading all the woeful stories about how "I was not an abuser, but just an advanced user backing up my terabytes of disk storage".

Moral of story: "Beware of what you wish for - you may get it."
The cap is by far better than kicking people without giving an explanation of acceptable usage. Nobody told me when I signed up with Comcast I could not use 6 petabytes a day if I wanted. Therefore they should not even have the right to kick them off in the first place. I hate all these TOS that are vague and give the corporation unlimited rights. "We can boot you because we shoved a dick up our ass and feel like it" should not be allowed period. At least now the consumers actually know about the limits and can choose whether or not to support that company.

dnoyeB
Ferrous Phallus
join:2000-10-09
Southfield, MI

dnoyeB to Caddyroger

to Caddyroger
Where there is sufficient competition, Comcast. If there is not sufficient competition, those citizens are hosed anyway.

splat1622
@direcpc.com

1 recommendation

splat1622 to funchords

Anon

to funchords
if he was using over 250gb he was abusing it
splat1622

splat1622 to NoOneCares

Anon

to NoOneCares
well keep going over 250gb and you wont have too worry about it anymore,because you might lose it
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2 to S_engineer

Premium Member

to S_engineer
.. got a contract for us to read where you or anyone was guaranteed "unlimited broadband" for life?
elray
join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA

elray to SpaethCo

to SpaethCo
said by SpaethCo:

said by NoOneCares:

It always amazes me how some people want to dictate how I use my connection! I'm the one paying for it, NOT YOU!
Until you start using more than the break-even amount of bandwidth on shared infrastructure. Than my bill starts to go to subsidize your usage.

It's like welfare, only we subsidize the greedy instead of the needy.
Um, isn't that already standard practice at all cable companies?

I have to pay for your ESPN, even though I would never watch it, if I want to get any cable-tv channels at all.

Not that anyone "needs" cable TV or internet.

Matt3
All noise, no signal.
Premium Member
join:2003-07-20
Jamestown, NC

Matt3

Premium Member

said by elray:

Not that anyone "needs" cable TV or internet.
Try telling that to me when I don't get my weekly Mythbusters fix.