Search similar:

uniqs

morbo
Complete Your Transaction
join:2002-01-22

morbo

know your contract

dear terry family:

it isn't at&t's responsiblity to tell you about international roaming while on the phone. you should really ask if you plan to be traveling internationally.

signed,

adults

elios
join:2005-11-15
Springfield, MO

elios

Re: know your contract

said by morbo:

dear terry family:

it isn't at&t's responsiblity to tell you about international roaming while on the phone. you should really ask if you plan to be traveling internationally.

signed,

adults
read the full story
THEY DID ASK the rep lied
i have had this happen befor my self
1/2 the time the reps dont even know whats in the TOS
and will say any thing to get you to buy

en102
Canadian, eh?
join:2001-01-26
Valencia, CA

en102

Are you sure? What exactly did they ask?
I suspect there's a little bit of B.S. on both sides. Only the recording of the conversion would show what was asked.
For all we know, the family might have just asked if the card would work in other countries like Canada. Nobody knows if they asked what they would expect if they were to go roaming in another country for a couple of weeks.
quote:
The Terry family said they asked an AT&T employee about the service before their son left the country. They said they were told nothing about international fees.

RadioDoc

join:2000-05-11
La Grange, IL

1 recommendation

RadioDoc

My Honda dealer never told me anything about traffic fines, repair costs or gas prices when I bought my Accord, either. THOSE SCUM!

This country is doomed.

morbo

morbo to elios

to elios
these stories are all the same! boo hoo! i don't know/understand the contract that i entered into. when i get the bill, it makes me very sad. who to blame? not me! how about the provider...

economic darwinism.

banditws6
Shrinking Time and Distance
Premium Member
join:2001-08-18
Frisco, TX

banditws6 to morbo

Premium Member

to morbo
said by morbo:

dear terry family:

signed,

adults
And you think calling and asking the average AT&T phone rep is guaranteed to yield accurate information?

I would never make a mistake like this family did, but only because I assume everyone I deal with is going to screw me until proven otherwise. The fact that companies like AT&T do not even have a simple warning system -- a system that would benefit both them and their customers, and garner goodwill toward doing further business -- suggests that these companies are every bit as greedy as their customers are ignorant.

morbo

morbo

said by banditws6:

suggests that these companies are every bit as greedy as their customers are ignorant.
i agree completely. i'm no fan of at&t either.