Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed view:
normal

razedavid

join:2007-05-18
New York, NY
reply to Smith6612

[Interleave/Fastpath] Re: Need to switch between Interleave and FastPath? Part 2

am i qualify for FastPath?
and if yes should i call verizon to tell them to change it? or i just ask here???
i am n00b at this srry

Transceiver Revision: 6.2.0.211
Vendor ID Code: 4
Line Mode: G.DMT Mode
Data Path: Interleaved
Transceiver Information Down Stream Path Up Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 3360 832
Margin (dB) 12.5 10.0
Line Attenuation (dB) 50.0 26.0
Transmit Power (dBm) 19.4 11.8

Smith6612
Premium,MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
kudos:23
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Frontier Communi..

1 edit

I wouldn't go for FastPath with that line. While their may be a little bit of margin available, but not that much, your upstream isn't synced fully which may show that FastPath is only going to make that sync lower. Sorry .

You can get it if you want, but it may make the DSL become unstable until it can find a good sync rate to lock at which is why I suggest against it.

r00ter4u

join:2003-07-22
Corona, NY

so i was moved over to fast path. i see it in transtat i took a speedtest with only my main computer running and no other traffic according to netstat -a. here's a screen shot

»tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6elu7b&s=4

i gather that, that isn't the greatest speed and it isn't the 3Mb that i should be getting?

Jodokast96
Stupid people really piss me off.
Premium
join:2005-11-23
Erial, NJ
kudos:2

»www.speakeasy.net/speedtest Try testing there. Should give better results.

r00ter4u

join:2003-07-22
Corona, NY

k that gave me better results but shouldn't the verizon site give the best results since it should just loop?

Jodokast96
Stupid people really piss me off.
Premium
join:2005-11-23
Erial, NJ
kudos:2

Not really for a few reasons. First, the test itself isn't a very good one. Second, the server for it is half way across the country. When running speed tests, it's best to run to servers that are closest to you.

join:2008-08-20
Victorville, CA

Verizon has admitted their Speed test site is not that good, but does anyone know why their speed test site is not that good. Also, how do you know where the Verizon speed test or receiving test server is located?