join:2001-08-30
Riverside, NJ
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to fuziwuzi

Re: wait a minute isn't what media defender doing TERRORISM

said by fuziwuzi:

Perhaps not from "Media Defender" themselves, but I wouldn't put it past the **IAs to employ such a tactic to scare people into submission. I would even go so far as to say it is highly likely these emails are from someone working on the behalf of the **IAs.
I highly doubt that. For one it is against the law and the last thing the **IAs want is to be hauled into criminal court. The other reason is that, the **IAs want money (which explains why they are suing their customers). There is no profit to be gained in infecting customers' computers with viruses.
--

The Comcast Disney Avatar has been retired.

NgtFlyer

join:2000-07-09
Marietta, GA
said by Morac:

said by fuziwuzi:

Perhaps not from "Media Defender" themselves, but I wouldn't put it past the **IAs to employ such a tactic to scare people into submission. I would even go so far as to say it is highly likely these emails are from someone working on the behalf of the **IAs.
I highly doubt that. For one it is against the law and the last thing the **IAs want is to be hauled into criminal court. The other reason is that, the **IAs want money (which explains why they are suing their customers). There is no profit to be gained in infecting customers' computers with viruses.
It is also illegal to DDOS anyone, much less a legitimate business. We all remember the recent attack against Revision3 courtesy of none other than Media Defender itself. I'm tired of the media industry as a whole and their "shoot first, ask questions later" tactics.

Morac
Cat god

join:2001-08-30
Riverside, NJ
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by NgtFlyer:

It is also illegal to DDOS anyone, much less a legitimate business. We all remember the recent attack against Revision3 courtesy of none other than Media Defender itself. I'm tired of the media industry as a whole and their "shoot first, ask questions later" tactics.
Yes and Media Defender is being sued and will probably go bankrupt. I'm pretty sure that wasn't their business strategy.

There's a big difference though between having crappy software that accidentally implements a DDOS when blocked from access a torrent server (even though that was shady) and intentionally creating and distributing a virus. The penalties for the later are much harsher.
--

The Comcast Disney Avatar has been retired.

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium
join:2005-07-01
Atlanta, GA
reply to Morac
said by Morac:

said by fuziwuzi:

Being against the law isn't a deterrent to the **IAs. They seem to think they're part of the Executive Branch and are above the law anyway, and in many cases they've shown they can get away with it. You have way too much trust in them, I think. You also seem to believe that the **IAs act logically, which is also an error on your part.
--
I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.
- Stephen Hawking