dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
snowkilts
join:2008-09-02
Troy, MI

snowkilts

Re: [Help Me] Real Player stream apparently blocked by DIR-625?

Thanks for the reply, but in the meantime I have resolved the problem. It was in fact a problem with the router. Everything is working fine now.

In case anybody else runs into the same problem, the fix is to go into the router configuration (on this router the address is 192.168.0.1) as follows : ADVANCED tab, FIREWALL SETTINGS screen, and then under APPLICATION LEVEL GATEWAY CONFIGURATION, uncheck the box next to RTSP, scroll back to the top of the screen and save the settings.

Unfortunately the screen does not tell you that having the box checked blocks this protocol. When I first looked at it I thought checked meant that it allowed RTSP.

I cannot imagine why DLink would ship this router with RTSP firewalled. I am absolutely certain I did not check the box by accident. I even reset the router to factory defaults a shortly before I tried this fix, and it was still checked.

Anyway it's all good now, thanks.

njrichie
join:2001-04-13
Matawan, NJ

njrichie

This is the same problem with the DIR-615 . I could not get my Windows Media Player to work even with the Multi cast enabled. The Real Player worked fine. The RTSP is enabled by default in the Firmware and blocks the Windows Media Player stream.

Once I unchecked the RTSP in the advanced firewall, the Windows Media Player worked again.
classical
join:2003-02-13
ca

classical to snowkilts

to snowkilts
I stumbled upon this page after googling for "dlink dir-625 wmp". I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out why WMP wasn't streaming. This has been going on since the summer, when I first noticed that the Olympics wasn't streaming at the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corp.) website. Now that it's fall, I haven't been able to watch any hockey at the CBC site, either. Today nearly pushed me over the edge as I discovered RealPlayer couldn't stream, either.

What can I say? Yes! snowkilts is God! It's all good now. BTW, I've had the router since April. A huge pox, jinx and curse on DLink for shipping this router with a not-so-obvious setting with RTSP blocked. I can't imagine just how many people this has affected.

hasiel
join:2008-12-19
Lethbridge, AB

hasiel to snowkilts

to snowkilts
Thank You SNOWKILTS, you are the greatest. I have spent hours trying to find an answer to the same problem, including D-Link two times, the second time was a really bad experience, the person was so rude and a know it all, he didn't try listening to me stating my problem. It was a test of tolerance with his agressive attitude, and he could not solve the problem.
But any how you did and I am truly thankful
Thanks TerryH

funchords
Hello
MVM
join:2001-03-11
Yarmouth Port, MA

1 edit

funchords to snowkilts

MVM

to snowkilts
I have added this to the FAQ -- thanks to snowkilts for the find and thanks to njrichie for mentioning that this works for the DIR-615 as well. Thanks to everyone in this Topic for confirming the issue and the fix.

»D-Link Forum FAQ »Media Player streams time out.