uniqs
share rss forum feed

kalphearion
In nomine Patri
Premium
join:2003-11-08
Broomfield, CO

Air Card

Does Comcast offer a service like Sprint's Air Card?

I looked on their website and couldn't find anything.

Thanks

rugby
I think I know it all.
VIP
join:2000-09-26
Plainfield, IN
Comcast is a cable company, not a cell provider.

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:10

1 recommendation

AirCards(mobile broadband) are not just for Cell; they have service for laptops & PDAs.
--
Write me up a 125.......I Can't Drive 55 »redrocker.com/ »cabowabo.com/

JahsDisciple
Living my life like it's golden
Premium
join:2007-07-07
Baltimore, MD
kudos:1
reply to kalphearion
havent seen anything similar in my area.

jabuqua

join:2004-10-10
Beverly Hills, CA
reply to kalphearion
I recall a headline about Comcast & Clearwire having something in the works so it's probably not too far away. Although I don't think Clearwire has a presence in Denver, but feel free to correct me & that'll be good news for all.

rugby
I think I know it all.
VIP
join:2000-09-26
Plainfield, IN
reply to Johkal
said by Johkal:

AirCards(mobile broadband) are not just for Cell; they have service for laptops & PDAs.
Were you replying to me? Aircards use cell towers to transmit/receive data. I know they have service for laptops and pda's, but they still use the cell towers.

kalphearion
In nomine Patri
Premium
join:2003-11-08
Broomfield, CO
reply to rugby
Right, I know that.

The reason I asked was because someone I know who lives in FL used to have Verizon DSL. She was having major connectivity issues so the tech said she should call Customer Care and ask them to turn her speed down.

Instead, they just straight up cut off her service.

The owner of the company she works for out of Denver has Comcast (Business Class) to his office. He called Comcast Customer service and asked if there was anything Comcast could do for her in FL and they said yes.

I guess they are going to install some sort of USB adapter (I think Comcast does not have a presence where she lives so they can't run cable)

I haven't had an opportunity to fully investigate so was just asking a general question

Thanks
--
Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.