spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Ehlana
@comcast.net

Ehlana

Anon

Do I need a new Modem?

OK I get the HSI Blast / gaming w/speeds up to 16 but here is a listing of the spec's for the modem:

Downstream Signal
Favorite Downstream Frequency: Hz
Frequency: 543000000 Hz
QAM Mode: 256 QAM
Channel Power: -0.3 dBmV
SNR: 33.258 dB

Upstream Signal
Channel Id: 4
Frequency: 20000000 Hz
Channel Width: 3200000 Hz
Channel Power: 35.3 dBmV

DOCSIS1.0 Class of Service Parameters
Class ID 2
Max Downstream Rate (bps) 6600000
Max Upstream Rate (bps) 1000000
Upstream Channel Priority 1
Guaranteed Min Upstream Data Rate (bps) 0
Max Upstream Transmit Burst (bytes) 1600
Privacy Enable 1

Here is my speedtest

This was the speed I was getting prior to upgrading to the better package.

I have one split coming off the main line that feeds directly to the D-Link Modem then I have a linksys router.

Thanks

ct3
@comcast.net

ct3

Anon

yes there is a faq entry about dlink modems being 2.0 but only working as 1.0 with comcast

Ehlana
@comcast.net

Ehlana

Anon

Possible to give me a link I had no luck on the FAQ section of Dlink or Comcast with the information. Also nothing about it when I ran a search.

I am a bit miffed as when I upgraded knowing the modem was a few years old I specifically asked them if it would run at the higher speeds.

Thanks for your patients and input

JahsDisciple
Living my life like it's golden
Premium Member
join:2007-07-07
Baltimore, MD

JahsDisciple to Ehlana

Premium Member

to Ehlana
Max Downstream Rate (bps) 6600000
Max Upstream Rate (bps) 1000000

are you sure you're on blast or are those stats also prior to the package upgrade?

Ehlana
@comcast.net

Ehlana

Anon

So says my cable bill....and like I said I asked them when I upgraded if my modem would be ok.

Getting a new motorola 5101 today. Hopefully I will see some better speeds w/it.

JahsDisciple
Living my life like it's golden
Premium Member
join:2007-07-07
Baltimore, MD

JahsDisciple to Ehlana

Premium Member

to Ehlana
it may be too late since you're getting a new modem but have you powercycled since being upgraded? but if you already have the new modem, please post a speed test.
wozz007
join:2008-09-09
Greensburg, PA

wozz007 to Ehlana

to Ehlana
check the boot file on the modem, if you are getting 16/2, it should be speedtierextreme, i bet you on the silver which is 6 meg

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

1 edit

EG

Premium Member

said by wozz007:

check the boot file on the modem, if you are getting 16/2, it should be speedtierextreme, i bet you on the silver which is 6 meg
Their rate caps are already being displayed..

And that modem does not display the name of the config file among the entries in its error log.
EG

EG to Ehlana

Premium Member

to Ehlana
said by Ehlana :

Possible to give me a link I had no luck on the FAQ section of Dlink or Comcast with the information. Also nothing about it when I ran a search.

I am a bit miffed as when I upgraded knowing the modem was a few years old I specifically asked them if it would run at the higher speeds.

Thanks for your patients and input
I agree with ct3. Ditch that modem ! It will never be able to deliver CC's Powerboost feature. That is the reason I ditched mine exactly one week after purchasing it..
daveinpoway
Premium Member
join:2006-07-03
Poway, CA

daveinpoway

Premium Member

I personally find it amazing that Comcast cannot/will not enable Powerboost to work on the D-Link DCM-202 modem, yet that modem will deliver PB all day long on Cox HSI (which licenses the PB technology from Comcast). If Comcast really cared (which I guess they don't), they could contact Cox and ask them what the secret is, and then implement it.

Ehlana
@comcast.net

Ehlana

Anon

With the new Motorola modem.

Now it didn't like my router to much and took me a few hours ...sadly comcast was unable to resolve my issue and told me to buy a new router. I have a Linksys so I found their website and went thru there help info and got it working myself. Sadly I am only semi computer geeky but what is even worse is they couldn't even begin to help me.

But speeds look much better.

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

EG to daveinpoway

Premium Member

to daveinpoway
said by daveinpoway:

I personally find it amazing that Comcast cannot/will not enable Powerboost to work on the D-Link DCM-202 modem, yet that modem will deliver PB all day long on Cox HSI (which licenses the PB technology from Comcast).

Hi Dave. I've seen you post before that it works on Cox, and all I can say is *so do I*...

If Comcast really cared (which I guess they don't), they could contact Cox and ask them what the secret is, and then implement it.

Agreed !