spc
Search similar:

uniqs

BiGdUsTy
join:2005-10-20
Panama City Beach, FL

BiGdUsTy

Panama City VOD almost up and running

Looks like the VOD system is up, well almost up. The menus and stuff load and you can see the programs offered. However i think the back end servers are not up yet as it takes about a minute to time out with an error trying to watch something.

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member
join:2001-12-28
Panama City, FL

goober22

I won't be any help for ya here as I moved to DirecTV last November. Been watching far more HD (than Comcast or Knology) for months. (not to mention D*'s DoD content).

Let us know how it goes.

BiGdUsTy
Panama City Beach, FL

BiGdUsTy

At this point all we get it "error: 150 service unavailable" when you select something to watch.

olo131
@knology.net

olo131 to BiGdUsTy

Anon

to BiGdUsTy
VOD is working for me watched several movies.... it is a bit clickie clickie for me but great new service somthing my wife will use alot.

Dusty if you are still having errors check if your box is pulling an IP if not the box is concidered a nonresponder and VOD will not work.

BiGdUsTy
Panama City Beach, FL

BiGdUsTy

All 3 of my digital box's have IP's starting in the private 10.x.x.x address space. All I get is video error: 150. The last firmware update my boxes got was in sept. 2006.

olo131
@knology.net

olo131 to BiGdUsTy

Anon

to BiGdUsTy
I found a list of error codes for xOD and the 150 is....

Code 150: SG No Service Group
Discription: The service group auto discovery reports that no service group was found.
Resolution: Contact Broadband services.

On Page 11 of my 8000 box there is vod info It tells me I'm in service group 5002(21)

(page 3)
It also apears the my OS has been upgraded to....

PTV OS: OS. Home Server Edition 1.8
Flash: 1.88.24.2
Apps: saixod v2.55

The saixod is the scientific atlantic vod service see what you have....
olo131

olo131 to BiGdUsTy

Anon

to BiGdUsTy
Page 15 Sam Infomation

tells me I have downloaded 2 services to the box

i5apps this is their intregra 5 or caller ID on TV
saixod this is the VOD service

Maby try and powercycle the box give it a few seconds before pluging it in.
Then there is the other alternative...... Call Knology for help and they will ask you to powercycle the box
heee..heee..heee!!!!

BiGdUsTy
Panama City Beach, FL

BiGdUsTy

After a reboot it now tries to play video but it drops out with Video Error: 32788

olo131
@myvzw.com

olo131 to BiGdUsTy

Anon

to BiGdUsTy
Error 32788 Service Currently Unavailable

Discription: The video stream has been severely damaged or the connection with the QAM has been broken. (xOD occasionally checks the QAM to make sure that the video stream is available.)

Resolution: Verify that the physical connection to the QAM are secure and that the QAM dose not display any errors. Verify that the RF levels for the QAM are appropriate. Restart the stream.

The levels for the box should be +/- 10db on that QAM for the box to talk to the G-QAM

Let me know!!!!

BiGdUsTy
Panama City Beach, FL

BiGdUsTy

Now I get video error 4.

The box claims I'm tuned analog when on a VOD channel. But the way I understand it is VOD uses dynamically created QAM channels for the video.

Box Type Explorer 2200 (which may be the problem)
FDC level: -5dBmV
FDC S/N level: 25db
RDC level: 49dBmV
BiGdUsTy

BiGdUsTy

Update
Got QAM-64B now with a nasty -20dBmV in red.
I'm starting think I need a amp installed we have 5 tv's hooked up.

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member
join:2001-12-28
Panama City, FL

1 edit

goober22

BiGdUsTy

When I had Comcast & VOD, here is what I found:

Knology hit my house at +10db, Comcast at 0 to +1. They said that was fine as it was a sufficient signal. Once I ran it thru my 8-way distro system, I had 0 to +4 with Knology BUT -10 to -2 with Comcast.

When I tried to run a VOD stream, it would start but after 3-4 minutes, the receive db level started to drop until it fell lower than the range (-20). This was even with a drop amp installed, it still dropped off. I could only fix it by disconnecting the drop from the ground block and reconnecting it.

After a few months, the Comcast signal stabilized and VOD played fine and never dropped below -6. Why, don't know)

I have a SA, Motorola & Electroline drop amps. I am currently using the Electroline as it also has a +4 return amplification and a built-in 8-way split.

Why Comcast dropped off while running VOD, I don't know. Why it stabilized after 3-4 months, I don't know. I now have neither for TV so I can't go any further but when I was trying to get VOD going with Comcast, it was a PITA.

BTW, my basic system is this: drop into a 2-way splitter. One leg to modem, other to a drop amp, then to a 8-way splitter (or just to the Electroline drop amp which has a built-in 8-way split). Then home runs to 8 locations. I end up with 6 to +10db at each receiver with Knology or -2 to +4 with Comcast..