uniqs
share rss forum feed

whiteyonenh

join:2004-08-09
Keene, NH
reply to tschmidt

Re: Huh... why bother with copper?

said by tschmidt:

Agree would like faster connection as I'm currently on 3000/768 ADSL plan and there is no First Mile fiber in Milford.

That said FairPoint deal was focused on extending Broadband footprint in VT/NH/ME. One has to assume FairPoint is going to have their hands full rolling out ADSL for the next few years. Hopefully they will be successful and will be able to invest in Fiber soon.

/tom
While i agree with you, if they alienate all their central/southern NH customers, they will turn elsewhere for faster speeds, as I have tried the 3/768 plan and couldn't stand it for the cost/speed differential.

Losing customers would in turn lower the amount of money they have to invest in other areas of the state that do not yet have broadband. It really is a slippery slope they're sliding down, and I don't feel as a consumer that I would choose to switch to their service again if they don't become competitive to cable.

tschmidt
Premium,MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
kudos:9
Reviews:
·G4 Communications
·Fairpoint Commun..
·Hollis Hosting

said by whiteyonenh:

Losing customers would in turn lower the amount of money they have to invest in other areas of the state that do not yet have broadband. It really is a slippery slope they're sliding down,
Agree - this was one of the major concerns about sale. They are walking a fine line finding capital to expand broadband while holding on to existing customers.

/tom