how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

anonytard

join:2008-09-08

3 edits

new tiers (9/16)

unless you seriously change your bundle, you're grandfathered in to previous price guarantees/bundles.

so here goes the new ones:

(choose any) 2 services:
Flex Bundle: $59.99
HSD: 2Mbit
Video: Digital Value
Phone: Essential Phone

Choice Bundle: $69.99
HSD: 8Mbit
Phone: Advanced Phone

3 Services:
Complete Bundle: $79.99
Phone: Essential Phone

Favorite Bundle: $89.99

Signature Bundle: $99.99

Preferred Bundle: $114.99
Video: Digital Basic

Optimum Bundle: $129.99
Video: Digital Basic

discuss? ; )

edit:

said by anonytard:

value and basic become xcite @ 2mbit/1mbit
advanced and ultra become xpress @ 8mbit/1mbit
ultra+ becomes xtreme @ 15mbit/1mbit
xtreme turbo is the new tier @ 15mbit/2mbit

...copypasted from a previous thread...

anonytard

unless something in CSG seriously fucks up, that is

imrf
Premium
join:2002-06-06
Utica, MI
reply to anonytard
Where's the rest of the info? Either way, I'll wait until I see this info on WOW's website before I have anything to say about the "speed upgrades".

anonytard

3 edits
UPDATE: 8mbit to 15/1mbit is $10, 15/1 to 15/2 is $5

old edited text:
said by anonytard:

from 8 mbit, speed upgrades are either $11 (or 10?) and $6 (or 5?) to 15/1 then 15/2, respectively, IIRC.

edit: from 2mbit to 8mbit is $11 (or 10?). logic would dictate an even $10 or 5, but their $6 difference between tiers up for the last year and a half or so just HAD to fuck up the ease of calculation...

DJ Matt

join:2008-05-09
reply to anonytard
Where is the 15? I'm still not sold on whatever has been posted in the past week or so in this forum. I am currently at 4mbps. At 12:01 AM Tuesday morning I will reboot my modem, but thats kind of stretching it. Speed increases might not take place until later in the day.

anonytard

3 edits
it's not in a bundle, because mom and pop don't need more than 8mbit. hell, most don't... at least for any LEGIT reasons.

i noticed a diff surfing from 1.5mbit DSL to 4mbit Comcast cable internet, but not from 4mbit Comcast to 8mbit Comcast.

heh small edit

imrf
Premium
Utica, MI
reply to anonytard
This so far is the dumbest speed "upgrade" that they have done. They better be lowering my bill for bumping me down from the premium tier. Either way, it looks like Comcast might be getting a call from me. But I'll wait and see what happens on the 16th.

anonytard

*piss bitch moan* have they EVER changed "your bill" without you requesting it? how are they "bumping you down"? anywho good luck with Comcast. even tho they've done me no foul (yet), i still hate paying them a single red cent.

imrf
Premium
Utica, MI
said by anonytard:

have they EVER changed "your bill" without you requesting it?
Yeah, every year. Goes up $5.

how are they "bumping you down"?
I'm paying for the fastest tier they offer now. They are upping speeds and knocking everyone around, and then charging more on top of it.

anywho good luck with Comcast.
i still hate paying them a single red cent.
I hate paying all these "entertainment" companies my cold hard cash. Every year prices go up. But with WOW very little is added. At least with Comcast they are doing things. Giving people speed increases, not jacking around the tiers. Adding Tivo DVR service, WOW is still running that horrible SARA IPG. Adding HD channels left and right, WOW adds 3 a year. Horrible VOD selection and so on. WOW is not pricing themselves competitively and now going to alienate the people that helped them grow.

Oh, btw. I'd watch what I post here if I were you. They have fired 3 people who posted info like this already.

TweakFreak88

join:2003-09-07
Chicago, IL
reply to anonytard
Its like putting a bandaid on a amputee. This kind of tells me that their network isn't quite up to the task.

anonytard

reply to imrf
oops. may have challenged something that was more than i could have bit off.
said by imrf:

said by anonytard:

have they EVER changed "your bill" without you requesting it?
Yeah, every year. Goes up $5.
a) ignore marketing ("price guaranteed until 20xx") or ToS ("i never agreed to Comcast's 250GB cap!")
b) ignore the real world ("omg! the price of razors, gasoline, cars, and houses increase!")

how are they "bumping you down"?
I'm paying for the fastest tier they offer now. They are upping speeds and knocking everyone around, and then charging more on top of it.
you're paying for the tier WOW says you're paying for. i see no decrase in that tier.

anywho good luck with Comcast.
i still hate paying them a single red cent.
I hate paying all these "entertainment" companies my cold hard cash. Every year prices go up. But with WOW very little is added. At least with Comcast they are doing things. Giving people speed increases, not jacking around the tiers. Adding Tivo DVR service, WOW is still running that horrible SARA IPG. Adding HD channels left and right, WOW adds 3 a year. Horrible VOD selection and so on. WOW is not pricing themselves competitively and now going to alienate the people that helped them grow.
oops. OT. because my experience will have nothing to do with what companies exist out there.

also, protip: you can buy your own TiVo!

Oh, btw. I'd watch what I post here if I were you. They have fired 3 people who posted info like this already.
were you one of those three? omg! do *i* work there?

said by TweakFreak88:

Its like putting a bandaid on a amputee. This kind of tells me that their network isn't quite up to the task.
i've been told that the point at which bandwidth consumption alarms go off is larger than it was before the "speed increases" was/will be increased (9/16 speeds).

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
join:2003-01-26
Redford, MI
kudos:3
Is 9/16 a date or a speed?

wsheppard

join:2008-09-14
Columbus, OH

1 edit
reply to anonytard
9/16 is the date the speed upgrades will start

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
join:2003-01-26
Redford, MI
kudos:3
Hmmm ... I guess it would have said 16/9 if it were speeds

Xee

join:2005-02-22
USA
reply to anonytard
Sweet. Looks like I'm getting a 4MB bump. I wonder if the upload speed is going to increase as well.

Archos

join:2007-11-14
reply to anonytard
I think when imrf is upset at WoW, there's something to it. For awhile, I thought he was a WoW plant. He was always happy and seemed to know more about WoW than anyone else.

It's sad to see WoW screw it up for their dedicated customers. My choice is between WoW and TimeWarner, who I switched to WoW for. TimeWarner's internet was a turd.

LelandC

join:2001-09-14
Canton, MI
reply to anonytard
FWIW I called WOW on Saturday to add something to my TV bundle. The lady told me my internet would go to 15mb down on the 16th (I have the Ultra right now)... I guess we'll know shortly:)

karpodiem
Hail to The Victors
Premium
join:2008-05-20
Detroit, MI
reply to anonytard
What is the upload speed going to be for the "HSD: 8mbit" package?

I have 6/0.650 now

The Joker

join:2003-08-01

4 edits
Why people from comcast forums posting here anyways?

Why you are posting comcrap's pricing?

jmr

@rochester.edu
reply to anonytard
I spoke to somebody high up at WOW - VP of something for Cleveland, Ohio and he said ultra was going to 8mb/1mb (not 15/1). I hope he is wrong, but I think that is unlikely knowing that he is VP for Cleveland, Ohio region.

south1178
Premium
join:2001-12-17
Cleveland, OH
said by jmr :

I spoke to somebody high up at WOW - VP of something for Cleveland, Ohio and he said ultra was going to 8mb/1mb (not 15/1). I hope he is wrong, but I think that is unlikely knowing that he is VP for Cleveland, Ohio region.
No offense but VP's of most companies don't know jack.
--
Buckeye Stangs - Ohio Mustang Club

imrf
Premium
Utica, MI
reply to anonytard
said by anonytard:

a) ignore marketing ("price guaranteed until 20xx")
Ignore the fact that once the price guarantee is over, the prices can change any time for any reason. Do you not realize this?

you're paying for the tier WOW says you're paying for. i see no decrase in that tier.
I'm paying the the fastest tier WOW offers and now they are jacking around with them, keeping the prices high, then wanting me to pay more, for the fastest tier. Do you not see how this doesn't make sense?

also, protip: you can buy your own TiVo!
Well aware of that. But it's also nice to see the cable company actually offer new and better features.

were you one of those three? omg! do *i* work there?
Wow, didn't take you long to say that.

And no, I wasn't, I have talked with all 3 of them here. Just because you work there now, doesn't mean in a week or so, when they track you down, you won't have a job. And quite honestly, with how rude you have been here, WOW doesn't need someone like you working for them.

i've been told that the point at which bandwidth consumption alarms go off is larger than it was before the "speed increases" was/will be increased (9/16 speeds).
You've been told wrong. But then again, CSRs aren't given this kind of info anyways. So please don't make things up and post them here. We don't need another The Joker See Profile posting bad info.

imrf
Premium
Utica, MI

1 recommendation

reply to The Joker
said by The Joker:

IMRF knows so much about WOW yet uses comcrap for internet.
Seriously dude, go to a reading comprehension class. Show me the exact post in which I said I have Comcast internet.

imrf
Premium
Utica, MI
reply to south1178
said by south1178:

No offense but VP's of most companies don't know jack.
WOW's VPs have always been spot on for me. But as we can all see, even WOW's own people are confused by this "upgrade". What a disaster.

Phoenix2088

join:2002-12-04
Strongsville, OH
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to imrf
Reading is not The Joker See Profile's strong suit. Also doesn't help that he has diarrhea of the fingers.

steven s
Premium
join:2002-09-14
Dearborn, MI
reply to anonytard
Wait, so people with Ultra aren't going to be upgraded to 15 meg? That's bull!

jmr

@rochester.edu
according to what I heard from the VP and systems manager in cleveland, ohio... ultra will only go up to 8/1... ultra+ will go to 15/1 and 15/2 will be a new tier that you have to pay extra for. Seems unfair... they SHOULD push ultra to 15/1 and ultra+ to 15/2. That is reasonable and fair.

The Joker

join:2003-08-01
reply to imrf
said by imrf:

Either way, it looks like Comcast might be getting a call from me. But I'll wait and see what happens on the 16th.

imrf
Premium
Utica, MI
And your point? Where in there does it say that I currently use Comcast for my internet?

Again, take a reading comprehension class at a local community college. It'll do you wonders.

imrf
Premium
Utica, MI
reply to jmr
said by jmr :

according to what I heard from the VP and systems manager in cleveland, ohio... ultra will only go up to 8/1... ultra+ will go to 15/1 and 15/2 will be a new tier that you have to pay extra for. Seems unfair... they SHOULD push ultra to 15/1 and ultra+ to 15/2. That is reasonable and fair.
Yeah, looks like the biggest blunder of an upgrade I've seen yet. Increase rates, provide an upgrade less than the competition offers. Awesome!!!

It's too bad that they didn't listen to their customers but instead listened to what marketing came up with.