how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

fenix_jn

join:2006-12-28
Miami, FL

ABB and static IPs

Not really a problem but a general question: does ABB provides users with static IP? I'm on the 8/512 plan and have reset my modem several time and my IP has not changed so what do you think?

fenix_jn

Miami, FL
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
·Comcast
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·AT&T U-Verse

Well.. no one??

I guess I'll solve it myself: Maybe ABB does offer static IP for the upper packages (2nd a 3rd). If I'm wrong... well I set up a DDNS service with dyndns before I jumped on HSI. Currently my router is handling all the DDNS updates together with DNS-O-matic (this thing is great!!).

NetLarry

join:2007-03-18
Johnstown, PA

Residential accounts are configured with a dynamic (DHCP) address. Static accounts are typically reserved for business customers with a legitimate need to operate "server" applications (check the TOS).

The reason the IP has not changed is that there is no pressing reason to do so. Just because it is dynamic means that it CAN change, not that it WILL change in any given period. But it may change at any given time without warning (DHCP server upgrade, expansion of scope, configuration changes from IP block assignment updates, etc).

Be happy - I'd rather my IP didn't change often!

NetLarry

bobytt

join:2007-07-17
Miami Beach, FL
reply to fenix_jn

yes the IP is dynamic, no mine hasn't changed since january

fenix_jn

Miami, FL

So basically the IP doesnt change due to 'lack' of customers... oh well at least no caps

bobytt

Miami Beach, FL
reply to fenix_jn

But they are slowing down power users.

fenix_jn

Miami, FL
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
·Comcast
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·AT&T U-Verse

Really? how so?

When I signed up for service they mentioned that "soon" I would get some kind of upgrade to 12/? (they did not mention upload, I guess 768?). I still have not seen any word on this for South Miami.

I'm guessing they will upgrade power user to 16 or 20 right?

bobytt

Miami Beach, FL

said by fenix_jn:

I'm guessing they will upgrade power user to 16 or 20 right?
From where you have this info?

fenix_jn

Miami, FL

As I said it was just a guess, it was hinted by the tech that came to my house to install the modem. He mentioned the upgrade speed but no date.