FunnyBones
Premium Member
join:2004-01-22
usa

FunnyBones to comcastcares8

Premium Member

to comcastcares8

Re: The Comcast Newsgroups Service Discontinued

Just one day after I was talking about comcrap and newsgroups they kill it.. I am no big fan of it but it was the last place for real freedom to post or say anything you want... I am no big fan of newsgroups and their are others but with the cap it is censorship and total control of your connection but as a former user of comcast and I know you will pay for your shenanigans like the time you were forging packets to interfere with user traffic and more.....

This is a wake up call!
AVonGauss
Premium Member
join:2007-11-01
Boynton Beach, FL

AVonGauss

Premium Member

said by FunnyBones:

I am no big fan of newsgroups and their are others but with the cap it is censorship and total control of your connection but as a former user of comcast and I know you will pay for your shenanigans like the time you were forging packets to interfere with user traffic and more.....

This is a wake up call!
Censorship? Try again. You can use your connection, if you had Comcast, to connect to any Newsgroup (NNTP) provider of your choosing - a free or paid provider. They are simply no longer providing the 2 GB Giganews account as part of your basic Internet service package.

Other than the fact that accessing a NNTP server generates traffic, this has absolutely no relation to the prior announcement clarifying the cap at 250 GB.

FunnyBones
Premium Member
join:2004-01-22
usa

FunnyBones

Premium Member

said by AVonGauss:
said by FunnyBones:

I am no big fan of newsgroups and their are others but with the cap it is censorship and total control of your connection but as a former user of comcast and I know you will pay for your shenanigans like the time you were forging packets to interfere with user traffic and more.....

This is a wake up call!
Censorship? Try again. You can use your connection, if you had Comcast, to connect to any Newsgroup (NNTP) provider of your choosing - a free or paid provider. They are simply no longer providing the 2 GB Giganews account as part of your basic Internet service package.

Other than the fact that accessing a NNTP server generates traffic, this has absolutely no relation to the prior announcement clarifying the cap at 250 GB.
internet 2 is going to be highly censored and you will see in the end what im talking about but the war has started and its not just comcast but this is the cornerstone and more will follow..

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

2 recommendations

NormanS to FunnyBones

MVM

to FunnyBones
Censorship? Censorship! I don't see any censorship. If Comcast ever blocks your access to Easynews, Giganews, Newsguay, et. al.then you may cry, "Censorship!" Until then, Comcast is free to carry as much, or as little content as they wish, along with offering TCP/IP connectivity to the Internet.