kudos:2
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..
reply to Tom95134

Re: Is "measurement" subject to state weights & measurements law

I wonder sometimes where the local or state authorities are with respect to Comcast. It seems Comcast should provide a means to users of measuring usage prior to punishing them for excessive usage.

Is any community standing up to Comcast? Can any community stand up to Comcast?
--
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

Tom95134

join:2000-12-15
San Jose, CA
said by pandora:

I wonder sometimes where the local or state authorities are with respect to Comcast. It seems Comcast should provide a means to users of measuring usage prior to punishing them for excessive usage.

Is any community standing up to Comcast? Can any community stand up to Comcast?
I don't think it would be a local issue, i.e., community. Weights and Measures laws are written on a state wide basis and enforced state wide. Usually they apply to any "device" that is used to measure a quantity and bill the customer based on the measurement.

pandora
Premium
join:2001-06-01
Outland
kudos:2
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..
said by Tom95134:

I don't think it would be a local issue, i.e., community. Weights and Measures laws are written on a state wide basis and enforced state wide. Usually they apply to any "device" that is used to measure a quantity and bill the customer based on the measurement.
I'm not sure what authority a local or state government would have over Comcast HSI. It would be interesting to learn more about it however. Currently the public focus of Comcast HSI seems to center around the FCC.

Is the FCC really the only controlling authority for Comcast HSI?
--
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."