uniqs
share rss forum feed

rcbrcb
Premium
join:2007-02-21

1 edit
reply to awbishop

Re: [CATV] New HD Channels in Chicago

4 Days have now passed and the new HD channels STILL have not been registered with Tribune Media!! Seems to me there should be a process in place to make sure a week doesnt go by beofre this happens...Last time it took RCN 2 Weeks to file a new Lineup!

Those of us with HD TiVo's would like these channels as well!

nycityny
Premium
join:2005-08-09
New York, NY
said by rcbrcb:

4 Days have now passed and the new HD channels STILL have not been registered with Tribune Media!! Seems to me there should be a process in place to make sure a week doesnt go by beofre this happens...Last time it took RCN 2 Weeks to file a new Lineup!

Those of us with HD TiVo's would like these channels as well!
Wow, what you are writing makes me nervous. I just bought two new HD TIVOs and had the cablecards installed yesterday. I am all ready for the switchover here in New York but what you write does not give me much hope for a smooth transition.

Who did you contact at TIVO and at RCN about this?

rcbrcb
Premium

1 edit

1 recommendation

When RCN did the Analog Crush the notification to TiVo when perfectly. After I posted yesterday, jmirabella contacted me via IM to let me know that RCN was working on it. Seems the additonal HD channels in Chicago were not due to launch until Oct.1 but the trigger got pulled early, so the notifications to Tribune Media had not been submitted yet. As the RCN guys have always been a huge help on this board, I will take it as an honest mistake that they are working to correct.

nycityny
Premium
join:2005-08-09
New York, NY
said by rcbrcb:

When RCN did the Analog Crush the notification to TiVo when perfectly. After I posted yesterday, jmirabella contacted me via IM to let me know that RCN was working on it. Seems the additonal HD channels in Chicago were not due to launch until Oct.1 but the trigger got pulled early, so the notifications to Tribune Media had not been submitted yet. As the RCN guys have always been a huge help on this board, I will take it as an honest mistake that they are working to correct.
Thank you for the clarification that the analog crush transition went smoothly with the TIVO. That makes me feel much better.

I still have a Series 2 TIVO connected to my lone cable box so if channels are added I can see them with my cable box. And I am less concerned with picking up new channels quickly than I am about having the new television season recorded properly without a hiccup.

spongyfungy

join:2002-08-15
Chicago, IL
reply to rcbrcb
said by rcbrcb:

I have TivoHD and I get all the new HD channels. I got them all on the same day the DVR got them. Try changing the zip code to something else.

rcbrcb
Premium
Do you mean the new HD channels that were launched last week? Tribune Media is not showing the new channels

spongyfungy

join:2002-08-15
Chicago, IL

2 edits
said by rcbrcb:

Do you mean the new HD channels that were launched last week? Tribune Media is not showing the new channels
yes. tribune media shows the new channels. HBO2, Moremax, etc. however the individuals shows do not show up with info.