how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

MightyPez

join:2002-05-01
Saint Paul, MN

No exchange support?

That really is too bad. I was amped for this phone, but without Exchange support I simply can't justify getting one.

ExecPro
Premium
join:2002-06-07
Long Beach, NY

said by MightyPez:

That really is too bad. I was amped for this phone, but without Exchange support I simply can't justify getting one.
I am lead to believe that the openness of this phone will easily allow you to install an app that will work for Exchange.

MightyPez

join:2002-05-01
Saint Paul, MN

If that's the case then great. I will gladly wait for it to be deployed and tested with the early adopters. I really miss having a decent keyboard (my sidekick keyboard was very nice, the Dash one not to much).

Matt3
All noise, no signal.
Premium
join:2003-07-20
Jamestown, NC
kudos:12
reply to ExecPro

said by ExecPro:

said by MightyPez:

I am lead to believe that the openness of this phone will easily allow you to install an app that will work for Exchange.
Unfortunately, not quite. The Linux guys can't get Exchange working properly (Exchange 2007 anyway) and even Apple had to license Activesync from Microsoft to get proper Exchange support on the iPhone.

So I don't think proper Exchange support will arrive from a 3rd party developer.
--
Linux Haters Unite!

kamm

join:2001-02-14
Brooklyn, NY

1 recommendation

Other than clueless financial losers almost nobody else uses Exchange anyways. ;D

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
kudos:4

said by kamm:

Other than clueless financial losers almost nobody else uses Exchange anyways. ;D
Riiiiiight....
My stupid sense is tingling after reading your post.
--
"A religious war is like children fighting over who has the strongest imaginary friend."

Have you been touched by his noodly appendage? »www.venganza.org

kamm

join:2001-02-14
Brooklyn, NY

1 edit

said by ptrowski:

said by kamm:

Riiiiiight....
So you're a clueless finaincial loser - thanks for confirming it.
--
said by bicker:

Waaaa waaaa waaaa. You just want what you want and don't care to factor in what is right or true. Your perspectives are un-American, and deserve far more ridicule than I'm prepared to pile on them.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
kudos:4

said by kamm:

said by ptrowski:

said by kamm:

Riiiiiight....
So you're a clueless finaincial loser - thanks for confirming it.
Define clueless financial loser, as you put it so eloquently.
Exchange is used by tons of businesses, so your silly ramblings go nowhere.
--
"A religious war is like children fighting over who has the strongest imaginary friend."

Have you been touched by his noodly appendage? »www.venganza.org