FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to kwayzcat

Re: 1GIG/month cap will sink Android

said by kwayzcat:

1gig a month is a ridiculously low limit. I am a huge TMO fan, been a loyal customer for 7 years. But 1 gig per month is absurd. I am already thinking about jumping ship to another carrier.
Yes. I saw that buried in the fine print. If you exceed 1 GB in a billing period, you won't be shut off, but your speed will be cut back to 50 kbps for the rest of the billing period.

»www.t-mobileg1.com/g1-learn-feat···ils.aspx
Data: If your total data usage in any billing cycle is more than 1GB, your data throughput for the remainder of that cycle may be reduced to 50 kbps or less. Your data session, plan, or service may be suspended, terminated, or restricted for significant roaming or if you use your service in a way that interferes with our network or ability to provide quality service to other users.

--
My BLOG .. .. Internet News .. .. My Web Page
Ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?

DaSneaky1D
what's up
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-29
The Lou
Reviews:
·Charter
Considering all of the features this thing has (push Gmail, Maps integration...including compass mode!, and all of the sync) that is to low to even imagine as being worth it. T-mo really needs to rethink this limit. At least raise it to the standard 5GB.
--
:: my trivial ramblings ::

Matt3
All noise, no signal.
Premium
join:2003-07-20
Jamestown, NC
kudos:12
said by DaSneaky1D:

Considering all of the features this thing has (push Gmail, Maps integration...including compass mode!, and all of the sync) that is to low to even imagine as being worth it. T-mo really needs to rethink this limit. At least raise it to the standard 5GB.
You'd be surprised. My always-on Moto Q9c with Exchange push support only uses 10MB-15MB per month. And I get a boatload of email each day.
--
Linux Haters Unite!

iansltx

join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX
kudos:2
Whereas I've hit 1GB/month on several occasions on my HTC Mogul. To be fair, though, I do use it as a hotspot every once in awhile, but sometimes that's only to get an iPod touch or non-data-enabled iPhone online.