spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

FIOShelp

@verizon.net

What happens after first year?

So im considering Verizon FIOS triple play. After the first year, does the price jump considerably or do you just renew and get the same price again?

jebinc

@comcast.net
The price jumps up; that is unless you threaten to switch to Comcast. YMMV.
Expand your moderator at work

shark2k

join:2008-06-01
West Orange, NJ

Re: What happens after first year?

I like how a Comcast and Roadrunner subscriber (going by the words under there names) are answering, almost like they are trolling?

Since I have FiOS I'll try and answer. After the first year your rates will go up (and this is 99.9% likely going to happen with any service provider). Anyway if you call them up you can normally get them to give you a new deal (similar to what you have) for around the same price, you'll just have to commit to another 1 or 2 years.

-Shark2k

KenAF

join:2006-01-23
Arlington, VA

2 edits
reply to zen6
Be wary of Comcast and TWC trolls. We have a lot of Comcast and TWC employees on this forum.

I renewed after my contract expired last year and got basically the same monthly rate (a $2/mo increase). If Verizon has raised rates since your last contract, you'll have to pay the difference, but you won't lose access to bundle discounts as you do with some other services. Discounts on Verizon aren't a one-time deal; they allow you to renew and to keep your discounts.

Under my current contract I pay $42.99 for TV service, minus discounts (under my last contract, I paid $39.99). Earlier this year, TV service increased by $5 to $47.99 for new customers, so I'll have to pay the difference with my next contract.

webin

join:2008-07-09
Hillsboro, OR
reply to FIOShelp
I'm posting this from a Comcast network.... and yet I have FiOS... how can that be?

People read forums at work.

lets456

join:2008-01-21
Hainesport, NJ
reply to FIOShelp

I had Verizon with a one year agreement. I liked it so much and was concerned about the price increase (triple freedom plan $95) that six months into my original contract I signed on for 2 more years at that same price. The first rep said I could not do that, so I called back again and explained my concerns and got the 2 year deal with free movie package for a month.

I'm locked in for another 18 months, so we'll see how it goes and in a year I'll decide what to do again.

sashwa
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
kudos:17
Reviews:
·Comcast

2 edits
reply to FIOShelp

This thread is not about anons or trolls. Anons are not neccessarily trolls. With cell phones, wifi, work, home, etc. a network doesn't necessarily mean anything. If you think someone is trolling, then use the "hey mod" rather than replying to them. That is what it's for.

Back to topic: What happens after first year?
--
TH ~ NE ~ EPN ~ NC ~ TD

mapper

join:2008-04-07
Fairfax, VA
reply to lets456

Well, if you have a two year agreement, then absolutely nothing.

If it's a one year contract, then you should expect to see a rise, but you can always ask for new deals(i.e. Movie Package, triple-play, faster internet) that maybe in your area. And if you get no deals, threaten them that you will go back to Comcast(or other provider of services) and they usually will give a better deal. YMMV.

darmok

join:2002-02-07
Cherry Hill, NJ
reply to FIOShelp
said by FIOShelp :

So im considering Verizon FIOS triple play. After the first year, does the price jump considerably or do you just renew and get the same price again?
If you do nothing, your bill explodes - full price for each service.

If you call, you can renew the triple play, at the current going rate. However you don't get the freebies AND they adjust your internet speed to match the current deal.

We just went thru this. Under our old triple-play plan, our internet speed had been bumped to 20/5. Upon renewing, it was reduced to 10/2.

- Dan.

SIFIOSTV

@verizon.net
reply to FIOShelp
Is there any way you can instruct Verizon to automatically roll over your Triple Play every time it comes due? Or do you have to just remember to do it every year yourself (occasionally after being reminded by a price jump on your bill)?

KenAF

join:2006-01-23
Arlington, VA
said by SIFIOSTV :

Is there any way you can instruct Verizon to automatically roll over your Triple Play every time it comes due? Or do you have to just remember to do it every year yourself (occasionally after being reminded by a price jump on your bill)?
You have to remember, although you don't have to wait until the contract is up to renew. You can extend your contract by two years at any time.