join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

1 edit

FFH5 to Dogfather

Premium Member

to Dogfather

Re: Thank Bush for killing the "Govt suing infringers" part

said by Dogfather:

Oh yeah, our EXPLODING trade deficit and decimation of our manufacturing sectors through outsourcing is proof the Federal gov't is protecting the US economy.

What horsecrap.
You are commenting on the governments ability to do a GOOD job. NOT on their responsibility to do the job at all. The job needs doing. It just needs to be done better. Maybe the new law will help them do that.

Dogfather
Premium Member
join:2007-12-26
Laguna Hills, CA

Dogfather

Premium Member

More pro-corproate laws and bigger gov't aren't a solution.

bear73
Metnav... Fly The Unfriendly Skies
Premium Member
join:2001-06-09
Derry, NH

1 recommendation

bear73 to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
While i agree with you TK that GOVT has the responsibility I have little faith that this new bill will actually result in them DOING a good job. IF there were bigger penalties for those in Congress, Judicial, and enforcement then I might have some faith. But until you see them held to the same standards that our military is held to (98% do The Right Thing and are held to it)then nothing will change. And onestly its do to a degradation of the morals of society. Things that are acceptable to the majority today would not have been tolerated 50 years ago.

FFH5
Premium Member
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by bear73:

While i agree with you TK that GOVT has the responsibility I have little faith that this new bill will actually result in them DOING a good job. IF there were bigger penalties for those in Congress, Judicial, and enforcement then I might have some faith. But until you see them held to the same standards that our military is held to (98% do The Right Thing and are held to it)then nothing will change. And onestly its do to a degradation of the morals of society. Things that are acceptable to the majority today would not have been tolerated 50 years ago.
I agree with you that the job isn't being done well. But I strongly disagree with those(like some above) that say since the job is hard to do and has been done badly, that it shouldn't be done at all. That makes the situation 10x worse. But there are many who think lack of morals and anarchy are a preferred way to operate in.
jc10098
join:2002-04-10

jc10098

So let's see. If you can't do it right, you should still try anyway? That works well. I mean hell, we got Iraq. We messed that one up, but YAY WE TRIED. Everyone in DSLREPORTS give us a cheer. Give me a break dude. Do you read what you write, or just type so you get responses out of us? Things need to be planned and executed and the cost weighed. With our economy going to SHIT, and taxpayers spending 700 billion PROBABLY, these PET PROJECTS are the last thing we need. Americans are losing their houses, jobs, etc. We don't need to be protecting corporate interests at our expense. IT IS THEIR JOB to protect THEIR PROPERTY.
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9

Premium Member

said by jc10098:

So let's see. If you can't do it right, you should still try anyway?
You're right. We should capitulate and allow our society and economy to further degrade. That will help the situation. The US wasn't founded on the attitude of "hey, I didn't do it right the first time so I'm going to give up". But then again, maybe that attitude has allowed our country to get where it is today.

FFH5
Premium Member
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by openbox9:

The US wasn't founded on the attitude of "hey, I didn't do it right the first time so I'm going to give up". But then again, maybe that attitude has allowed our country to get where it is today.
But that is the attitude of so many of the slackers that now are in school or unemployed. Just give up; watch videos on the internet or listen to the stolen music on their iPods.

packetscan
Premium Member
join:2004-10-19
Bridgeport, CT

packetscan

Premium Member

Stolen Music?

Just like walmart is about to do to paying customers?

Steal what has already been paid for.

Yea TK.. The government always looks out for the citizens, i mean look at our universal health care, oh wait we blew all that cash in iraq.

Dogfather
Premium Member
join:2007-12-26
Laguna Hills, CA

1 recommendation

Dogfather to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
Copyright infringement isn't theft, it's copyright infringement. But thanks for the sensationalism.

uid1307457
Premium Member
join:2005-12-30
Tempe, AZ

uid1307457 to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
said by FFH5:

said by Dogfather:

Oh yeah, our EXPLODING trade deficit and decimation of our manufacturing sectors through outsourcing is proof the Federal gov't is protecting the US economy.

What horsecrap.
You are commenting on the governments ability to do a GOOD job. NOT on their responsibility to do the job at all. The job needs doing. It just needs to be done better. Maybe the new law will help them do that.
wow, I actually agree with that statement.

Mashiki
Balking The Enemy's Plans
join:2002-02-04
Woodstock, ON

Mashiki to packetscan

to packetscan
Universal healthcare ha...It took 5 weeks to get into see my family doctor that's the legacy of universal healthcare. Seriously are people still pushing for that down in the States?

By-the-by and going back to topic, I'd suggest going for a CD levy down there.
SunnyFL8
Premium Member
join:2001-02-08

1 edit

SunnyFL8 to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
said by FFH5:

said by openbox9:

The US wasn't founded on the attitude of "hey, I didn't do it right the first time so I'm going to give up". But then again, maybe that attitude has allowed our country to get where it is today.
But that is the attitude of so many of the slackers that now are in school or unemployed. Just give up; watch videos on the internet or listen to the stolen music on their iPods.
Sorry I have to disagree with having a bigger government role. The current system works. There is the DMCA and it is enforceable once a person is caught. To make the FBI now go after people seems like more money spent in the wrong direction the US has other issues.

Terrorism is more of a threat to the US then copyright intriguers.

Artists can sue or the RIAA has sued and done much to make people aware of illegal downloads even suing them.

Now tax dollars via:FBI will educate other countries.

Why not the RIAA and the like spend there money on catching the people responsible, but no spend US tax dollars not like the US already has financial issues lets just throw that in the 700 Billion bailout and call it an ear mark.

If someone takes your property then you take them to court.

It has always been that way.

Why should the Elite few (artists) get special help from the FBI when the RIAA has enough money to track down illegal file sharing?

Waste of money and politically motivated by lobbyist's, as usual pay someone in office to pass a bill.

EDIT: FYI the FBI goes after Drug dealers along with state and local authorities because Drugs are priority to them.

Does the FBI stop people from taking drugs or deter them?

Answer: NO, people still do it.

NetAdmin1
CCNA
join:2008-05-22

NetAdmin1 to Mashiki

to Mashiki
said by Mashiki:

It took 5 weeks to get into see my family doctor that's the legacy of universal healthcare.
Just an aside, even here in the US, I have had to wait that long to see my neurologist at the time and, on occasion, a little over three months to see my PCP. This isn't a community clinic, but a private foundation hospital with an EXCELLENT reputation.
said by Mashiki:

By-the-by and going back to topic, I'd suggest going for a CD levy down there.
Not sure if you are kidding or not, but a CD levy addresses the problem from the wrong angle, especially when you consider that most infringement is not done with physical media. It might have made sense back before everyone had high speed internet and still relied on copying discs.