Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious to kyler13

Premium Member

to kyler13

Re: Difference between QIP-6416-2 and QIP-7216

MR functionality is just software downloaded to your PC for your home network (and enabled on the DVR?) In other words there isn't a separate MR-DVR box than the HD DVR.

kyler13
Is your fiber grounded?
join:2006-12-12
Annapolis, MD

kyler13

said by darcilicious:

MR functionality is just software downloaded to your PC for your home network (and enabled on the DVR?) In other words there isn't a separate MR-DVR box than the HD DVR.
Well, MR functionality is the ability of the STB's to talk to the DVR and access recordings. I understand there are some additional benefits of PC connectivity, but that's not really how it's primarily marketed. If there's just one DVR box, then there must be something enabled/disabled in the firmware from the home office. Does that mean if I cancel MR-DVR service after the year is up and downgrade to regular HD-DVR service, they can just make the change from the office? Hopefully I end up with the 7-series box.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

said by kyler13:

Does that mean if I cancel MR-DVR service after the year is up and downgrade to regular HD-DVR service, they can just make the change from the office?
Yes