All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed
« fanboys looseWell »
This is a sub-selection from Don't like it....?

beaups

join:2003-08-11
Hilliard, OH
reply to funchords

Re: Don't like it....?

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "needs to be restricted". it's their network and they want to restrict it, they shouldn't need to demonstrate that it's "needed".

a333
A hot cup of integrals please

join:2007-06-12
Rego Park, NY

1 recommendation

Of course, cell companies shouldn't EVER be held accountable for their "network management" policies.... the horror, the horror.....

jester121
Premium
join:2003-08-09
Lake Zurich, IL

said by a333:

Of course, cell companies shouldn't EVER be held accountable for their "network management" policies.... the horror, the horror.....
You're right, it's much better to let consumers do anything they want without regard for how it affects other users.

funchords
Hello
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-11
Yarmouth Port, MA
kudos:6

2 recommendations

reply to beaups

said by beaups:

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "needs to be restricted". it's their network and they want to restrict it, they shouldn't need to demonstrate that it's "needed".
Again, don't call it "Internet" and block/throttle/restrict it. That's not Internet.

And if you have a problem with my position, come to my gas station and I'll give you some "Unleaded" (50% water).
--
Robb Topolski -= funchords.com =- Hillsboro, Oregon
More features, more fun, Join BroadbandReports.com, it's free...

NetAdmin1
CCNA

join:2008-05-22
reply to beaups

With no reason given for restricting transfer usage, the reasons amount to childish reason of "because I can." Legitimate technical reasons like backhaul bandwidth shortages, interconnect bandwidth shortages or other possible problems with a wireless network would make their claim much more reasonable and easier to swallow.
--
---
Drilling for more oil is akin to giving a methhead the keys to the meth lab.

a333
A hot cup of integrals please

join:2007-06-12
Rego Park, NY
reply to jester121

The same way it's SURELY ok to let ISP's make up excuses for not improving their networks.... fail..........=\

beaups

Hilliard, OH
reply to funchords

It was called the internet back when we were restricted by 14.4K modems, is it worse now?

beaups

Hilliard, OH
reply to NetAdmin1

why would they give you a reason??? If they came in and changed the TOS after the fact, and you are under contract, then I agree you are entitled to a reason. But not in this case. Why does car X cost $45K? Why does a 12 pack of pepsi cost $1.99 sometimes and $3.99 other times? Because they made the product and they feel like it. They have their reasons and, frankly, it's none of our business "why".

NetAdmin1
CCNA

said by beaups:

They have their reasons and, frankly, it's none of our business "why".
As a customer, it IS my business why. If I'm going to spend my money with a company, I should be able to know the hows and whys of the product, its pricing and its policies before I purchase. That is all part of the research that goes into "Buyer Beware".
--
---

funchords
Hello
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-11
Yarmouth Port, MA
kudos:6
reply to beaups

said by beaups:

It was called the internet back when we were restricted by 14.4K modems, is it worse now?
Come back when you're not twisting the meaning of the word, "restricted."
--
Robb Topolski -= funchords.com =- Hillsboro, Oregon
More features, more fun, Join BroadbandReports.com, it's free...

beaups

Hilliard, OH
reply to NetAdmin1

this is where I disagree. they are running a business. It's not a democracy. When you buy a pair of shoes, do you ask why the cost? why are they black? why don't they use different materials? why are they made in china? NO. what is the secret formula of coca cola? none of your (or mine) business either.

so...as long as they disclose the limitations, I don't believe they have ANY obligation to disclose WHY.

NetAdmin1
CCNA

said by beaups:

this is where I disagree. they are running a business. It's not a democracy.
Interesting... So what is all of that shareholder voting about, ehh?

so...as long as they disclose the limitations, I don't believe they have ANY obligation to disclose WHY.
If "because we can" is the best answer providers can come up with, then they should expect people to complain. Because in reality, "because we can" is a crap reason for doing anything. Period.
--
---

beaups

Hilliard, OH

Shareholder voting is VERY different from a democracy. At any rate, by some Sprint stock and "vote"...