Search similar:

uniqs
patcat88
join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY

patcat88

fanboys loose

Fanboys 0, me 1

I knew since day one the Xohm will never be radically different from existing 3G services, WiMAX/Xohm is nothing more than a more efficient protocol/modulation running on more spectrum than EVDO/HSDPA. It would be market suicide to do any real changes to the business model (selling pseudo wire T1 circuits for $299 a mo, 100 GB+ per month usage, no caps/no throttling, not forcing people to wired broadband, using a carrier interchangable wireless broadband standard (WiMAX is effectively carrier locked by frequency, have fun with double speak fanboys)). The issue of contracts/prepaid service was going to tickle down by the incumbent cell carriers anyways eventually. Pay per use is always more profitable than a monthly fee. When internet traffic is "unlimited" you always get throttling. Just wait, 1-2 months from now Xohm will introduce 6GB or 10GB caps (hey, thats revolutionary isn't it? ) and grandfather all unlimited users, and have Xohm Customer Security kick off the grandfathered abusers. ALL ISPs have TOS/AUPs with the same language, and finally executives/CIO/CTO decided to use the clauses in them.

Best solution for P2P is for ISPs to start bundling in complimentary torrentbox, torrent downloading website portal/PHP script controlling a BT client, and include a couple other protocols, its a "download service" and pretty much a managed dedicated/hosted web server running p2p software. Anyways, whats the problem with P2P other than upload, I am not going to be downloading the same file more than once, whats the difference between transport in a BT or eDonkey header and a HTTP header?

gest wimax
@spcsdns.net

gest wimax

Anon

Re: fanboys loose

If Xohm ever bring caps, it will be closer to cable/dsl, not the cell networks. The cell networks were designed for voice and data came later - the infrastructure can't handle P2P or HD video. WiMAX is designed for data and has a much better infrastructure.

Sprint wants to compete with cable/dsl, so they have to keep their terms inline with that industry rather than the 3G industry.

MrMoody
Free range slave
Premium Member
join:2002-09-03
Smithfield, NC
Netgear CM500
Asus RT-AC68

MrMoody

Premium Member

Re: fanboys loose

said by gest wimax :

If Xohm ever bring caps, it will be closer to cable/dsl, not the cell networks.
I'll cover that bet. Either they will block downloading or cap the service at 20GB or less, most likely 10 or less. Otherwise everyone and their uncle will buy it to use at home full time and the towers will turn into logjams.
beaups
join:2003-08-11
Hilliard, OH

beaups to patcat88

to patcat88
and what makes fanboys "loose"? or did you mean lose?