spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Blue Butt

@swbell.net

dir655 revB button on RT side flashes blue when pressed in

The dlink dir655 revB has a button on its right side (when looking at it from the front). When I press this in it starts blinking blue. When I press it again ... it still blinks blue. I have to remove the power to get it to stop. What is this button? Don't say the idiot button, but I know what those look like.

Scree
In the pipe 5 by 5

join:2001-04-24
Mount Laurel, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit
Seems it has to do with the Wi-Fi Protected Setup stuff. From some site that reviewed the DIR-655...

"The DIR-655 also appears to support Wi-Fi Protected Setup. This standard from the Wi-Fi Alliance simplifies setting up a secure wireless network. There are two mandatory methods required for WPS products: Push-Button Configuration (PBC) and Personal Identification Number (PIN). A close inspection of the DIR-655’s case reveals a black push button embedded in the black trim on the right side of the case. Additionally, there’s a menu entry in the DIR-655’s Web interface labeled Wi-Fi Protected Setup. However, neither the instruction manual for the DIR-655 router nor the DWA-652 client card made any mention of Wi-Fi Protected Setup. For now, I have to conclude that the DIR-655 is Wi-Fi Protected Setup capable, but new drivers for the client card will have to be released before you’ll see the benefits."