soitgoes2
Premium Member
join:2005-01-14

soitgoes2 to RockyBB

Premium Member

to RockyBB

Re: [General] CNAM

said by RockyBB:

Vonage, Comcast, Cox, OptimumOnline ... each has more than 2 million customers all paying $25 or more (maybe not OOL). The sub-$15 carriers combined might have 75,000. Perhaps the market is deciding.
I don't know about the others, but Vonage does not, IME, provide outbound CNAM for their $25++/mo. customers.

RockyBB
Premium Member
join:2005-01-31
Steamboat Springs, CO

RockyBB

Premium Member

said by soitgoes2:

Vonage does not, IME, provide outbound CNAM for their $25++/mo. customers.
That is correct. Wouldn't it just be the bomb if lil' ol' F9 offered that service + listing? Others will confirm, but I'm pretty sure that ViaTalk does at least the CNAM.
nitzan
Premium Member
join:2008-02-27

nitzan to soitgoes2

Premium Member

to soitgoes2
said by soitgoes2:

said by RockyBB:

Vonage, Comcast, Cox, OptimumOnline ... each has more than 2 million customers all paying $25 or more (maybe not OOL). The sub-$15 carriers combined might have 75,000. Perhaps the market is deciding.
I don't know about the others, but Vonage does not, IME, provide outbound CNAM for their $25++/mo. customers.
Funny, I thought Vonage had outgoing CNAM. If that's the case, Future Nine customers are essentially getting the same thing? or are we missing anything significant that they provide?

I'm pretty sure ViaTalk offers outgoing CNAM but no directory listing. FN offers directory listing but no outgoing CNAM.

Are there any providers that offer BOTH at this point in time?
Fisamo
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Apex, NC

Fisamo

Premium Member

CallVantage offers outgoing CNAM. They have had a Directory Listing option in their web portal for a while now (free to be listed, eventual upcharge to be 'unlisted' or 'non-published', but 'free for a limited time' as of now). I've had my account set to 'listed' for a few years, and my name still doesn't show up in the local phone book, so I don't think it works...
nitzan
Premium Member

nitzan

Premium Member

I talked to my guys, and assuming all goes well, I'm pretty sure we'll be able to offer something along the lines of unlimited local, up to 2000 LD minutes, outgoing and incoming CNAM, directory listing, and fries for $25-ish, maybe a little less.

Will do some experiments to see how well it works before offering to the general public, but it does look doable.

RockyBB
Premium Member
Steamboat Springs, CO

RockyBB

Premium Member

Way to go! Now let these families pay their monthly bill through their checking accounts instead of goofy Paypal and GooglePay and you'll have a real winner!
nitzan
Premium Member

nitzan

Premium Member

said by RockyBB:

Way to go! Now let these families pay their monthly bill through their checking accounts instead of goofy Paypal and GooglePay and you'll have a real winner!
hahaha, so that's why you've been pushing me towards the "higher-breakage" price!! ;);)

RockyBB
Premium Member
Steamboat Springs, CO

RockyBB

Premium Member

Busted!
pandora
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Outland

pandora to nitzan

Premium Member

to nitzan
said by nitzan:

I talked to my guys, and assuming all goes well, I'm pretty sure we'll be able to offer something along the lines of unlimited local, up to 2000 LD minutes, outgoing and incoming CNAM, directory listing, and fries for $25-ish, maybe a little less.

Will do some experiments to see how well it works before offering to the general public, but it does look doable.
Ouch. One of the really great appeals of me for Future-Nine is a single price and reliability, quality, service on this board and low cost annual plans. $25 would be getting closer to POTS. Great if you need it, but please keep your current low cost plans!
nitzan
Premium Member

nitzan

Premium Member

said by pandora:

Ouch. One of the really great appeals of me for Future-Nine is a single price and reliability, quality, service on this board and low cost annual plans. $25 would be getting closer to POTS. Great if you need it, but please keep your current low cost plans!
No worries- I fully realize not everyone wants to pay double just to have outgoing CNAM. I don't think we'll keep America Free exactly as-is long term, but we'll have something comparable instead.