All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed
« Coverage
This is a sub-selection from What would like to see.

Nerdtalker
Working Hard, Or Hardly Working?
Premium,MVM
join:2003-02-18
Tucson, AZ
reply to powerspec88

Re: What would like to see.

Sprint is generally really fast, I don't know why they get such a bad rap compared to Verizon. I guess that's the magic of pervasive 24/7 advertising.

tested right now with marginal signal tethered from my HTC Mogul. Rev A. market.
--
"Some people never see the light till it shines thru bullet holes." -Bruce Cockburn

I'm testing Gmail's spam filters: Broadbandreports1@gmail.com
Spam: 12900+ messages currently using 406 MB.

papi4baby

join:2008-01-19
Callaway, MD
I agree, Sprint is a decent company.

Would anyone care to coment on latency, that is my biggest concern with EVDO, i find EVDO plenty fast for wireless(it is not my primary HSI connection). But playing FPS games on EVDO is very iffy. Thanks to anyone.

ydoucare

join:2003-03-12
Lafayette, IN
I generally average in the 110 - 130 ms range on Sprint EVDO. Xohm should be comparable to cable and DSL.

powerspec88
Premium
join:2007-03-11
Independence, MO
I've seen Sprint EV-DO as low as 50-60ms on the first hop and ~80ms to google. Im guessing 30-40ms on the first hop on XOHM but still no where nere 8ms as like my DSL line. I would like to see how much better his is for gaming also.

XOHMGUY

@comcast.net
reply to papi4baby
I was quite impressed with how fast the pages where loading last night when we were setting up kiosks..

Grimmace

@spcsdns.net
reply to Nerdtalker
Ahh, Sprint is all about the area your in, and the tower your on. Here in Northern California, Sprints EVDO RevA services tend to feel way over subscribed. This test is with full 5 bar signal (200 Yards from the tower out my office window)Using the Novatel Express Card in a laptop:

And that is a good speed, as its still early in the day here.