Yarmouth Port, MA

funchords to thevorpal1

MVM

to thevorpal1

Re: I like this

said by thevorpal1:
said by FFH5:
said by QuakeFrag:

Agreed. Users get ample warning before getting booted. I'm not too keen on the walled garden though (especially if you have viruses and need to download an AV). I think a warning letter (3) should be enough to inform users about the activity going on.
A walled garden may be the only way to get people to act. Many users would just ignore letters, especially where a virus/spam problem is concerned and not a DMCA problem. When internet access is cut off, people will then act.
Then write it into law. I don't want pseudo-laws being established between corporations based on what they want/don't want.

Or would you prefer to be regulated by a corporation in which you have no representation?
If my computer is spewing spam and virii, then disconnecting it is completely expected. This practice goes back decades and its the right thing to do.
thevorpal1
join:2007-11-16
Alexandria, VA

thevorpal1

said by funchords:

If my computer is spewing spam and virii, then disconnecting it is completely expected. This practice goes back decades and its the right thing to do.
That is an issue which is distinct from an issue where a company decides to assign additional penalties under the guise of legal requirements.
This Is Funny... »
This is a sub-selection from I like this