This Is Funny... »
This is a sub-selection from I like this
thevorpal1
join:2007-11-16
Alexandria, VA

thevorpal1 to fiberguy2

to fiberguy2

Re: I like this

The legal fees are minimal, and were limited to guidance and a policy by which I will comply with local and federal laws. I comply with court orders, and the associated legal reporting requirements.

You seem to think that I'm encouraging any sort of illegal behavior. I am not. What I do is comply with the laws as written, and I act as a transparant middle man.

As for quoting 'network', though it isn't large, it is profitable enough to cover the costs for my post-graduate studies, which, unfortunately, are not inexpensive.
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

if you weren't encouraging illegal behavior you would be doing the same thing as COX. you'd be shutting these people off. Instead you keep giving them service and allow them to do it.
thevorpal1
join:2007-11-16
Alexandria, VA

thevorpal1

said by hottboiinnc4:

if you weren't encouraging illegal behavior you would be doing the same thing as COX. you'd be shutting these people off. Instead you keep giving them service and allow them to do it.
I sincerely hope that you are being sarcastic with that comment.
hwy419
join:2008-10-01
Moody, AL

hwy419 to thevorpal1

to thevorpal1
Permitting infringement on copyright through your network is not illegal. But you should at least treat others as you would have them treat you. Would you like it if others were facilitating infringement on your own copyrighted materials? How would you feel if someone diminished your network profits and livelihood? I believe network admins have an ethical duty to prevent such activity on their networks. Permitting infringement violates the spirit of anti-infringement laws.

heliox
Not at the table Carlos.
Premium Member
join:2000-11-28
Corona, CA

heliox to thevorpal1

Premium Member

to thevorpal1
So do I.

A private organization alleging something to another private organization about my online behavior, is absurd.

If there is anything illegal going on, the ***a should get a subpoena for my usage records, and file suit with me.

The way I see it, COX doesn't like
1) hassle
2) bandwidth usage

It is so much easier to send a couple letters, and flip a switch.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by heliox:

A private organization alleging something to another private organization about my online behavior, is absurd.
It is not. It is the basis for spam complaints, and other abuse complaint; and the reason why Abuse Departments exist.
If there is anything illegal going on, the ***a should get a subpoena for my usage records, and file suit with me.
Indeed. If there is an allegation of illegal activity, the matter should be brought to the attention of legal authorities.

In the case that my ISP cut off my Internet over the allegation of committing an illegal act, I'd have my attorney in touch with their legal department: Assuming that I actually have "clean hands".

funchords
Hello
MVM
join:2001-03-11
Yarmouth Port, MA

funchords

MVM

said by NormanS:

In the case that my ISP cut off my Internet over the allegation of committing an illegal act, I'd have my attorney in touch with their legal department: Assuming that I actually have "clean hands".
Assuming your ISP is also clean...
This Is Funny... »
This is a sub-selection from I like this