share rss forum feed
This Is Funny... »
This is a sub-selection from I like this

axus

join:2001-06-18
Washington, DC
reply to thevorpal1

Re: I like this

I don't want real laws being established just to prevent pseudo-laws. The real problem is the DMCA provisions that make Cox think it needs to take these steps. Less laws, not more, please.

thevorpal1

join:2007-11-16
Alexandria, VA
said by axus:

I don't want real laws being established just to prevent pseudo-laws. The real problem is the DMCA provisions that make Cox think it needs to take these steps. Less laws, not more, please.
That is why the attempt to make this a law, if such a law is necessary (Which I do not believe that it is), should be done.

In my opinion the laws that protect copyright in the US are sufficient, and excess penalties are not necessary. Nor are they compatable with the concept of copyright in the first place.

Copyright is a privledge that we the people, grant to the authors of creative works. It is not some default state that creative content innately exists in without it being granted by the public. These laws should be aimed at encouraging new creative works, and still allowing deriviative creative works to be inspired. A major issue here is that people have forgotten that copyright is a temporary limitation that we place on ourselves.

A pseudo-law enforced by a corporation is anaethma to the concepts of the Constitution of the United States.